- After completing his post-graduation from the prestigious Dr. RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, he received further training in uvea and vitreo-retina from the same institute. He next underwent observership in Vitreo-retina and ocular trauma under the guidance of Dr. Robert Morris, MD at Retina Specialist of Alabama, USA. Furthermore, he obtained his fellowships from International Council of Ophthalmology (London) and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- His area of interest in Ophthalmology includes Phacoemulsification, Uvea, Vitreo-retina and Ocular trauma, and he also has numerous complex and advanced retinal surgeries to his credit. His specialization is in management of diabetic eye conditions, eye trauma and retinopathy of prematurity. Throughout his career, he has been associated with several reputed hospitals such as Max Super Specialty Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Central Railways Hospital etc.
- Besides his broad spectrum of clinical works he has also been involved actively in academics. He has received invitations as faculty and presented several papers, posters and videos on scientific research at several national and international conferences.
- Dr. Vashisht has been involved in teaching postgraduate students, fellows and optometrists. He has more than 20 indexed scientific publications to his credit and has contributed few chapters in textbooks He has worked as co-investigator in various multicentric FDA approved clinical trials.
- Treatment of Vitreoretinal Diseases with special focus on Diabetes/Hypertension/Age related eye disease
- Surgical Treatment of Retina including Minimally Invasive Vitreo-retina Surgery (MIVS) for Retinal Detachment, Macular Holes, Epiretinal Membranes, Giant retinal Tear & Diabetic Retinal Surgeries
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- MIVS for Macular Hole
- Epiretinal Membranes and Retinal Detachment
- Complex Vitreoretinal surgeries including giant retinal tear and eye trauma
- Cataract Surgery
- Eye trauma
- Lasers (Green Laser/ Subthreshold lasers/ Photodynamic Therapy)
- Cataract Surgery
- Medical Retina – Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)
- Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICGA)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Eye Lasers
- Surgical Retina – Intravitreal Injections
- Consultant – Artemis Hospital
- Consultant – Max Super Speciality Hospital,
- Consultant – Maharaja Agrasen Hospital,
- Consultant – Fortis Hospital
- Consultant – Central Railways Hospital
- Consultant – Mata Chanan Devi Hospital
- Associate Consultant- Sir Ganga Ram Hospitals
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka
- MD from AIIMS; 2006
- Fellowship from Internatioanl Council of Ophthalmology (London) and Royal Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- FRCS (Ophthalmology) – Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow (UK)
- FICO – International Council of Ophthalmology (UK)
- All India Ophthalmic Society (AIOS)
- Delhi Ophthalmic Society (DOS)
- Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology (ARVO)
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Post Graduate (Junior Resident) –Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Best Paper Award (2010) & Best Clinical Talk (2012) – Delhi Ophthalmic Society
- Recognition from various NGO(s)
- Invited speaker (Faculty) at national and international symposiums/conferences