Profile Snapshot of Dr. Yash Gulati
- Dr. Yash Gulati is a leading Orthopedic Surgeon and one of the best hip and knee replacement surgeons in India.
- For his contributions towards orthopedics in India, he was awarded the Padma Shri in 2009 and is the youngest orthopedic surgeon to receive the honor.
- Dr. Yash Gulati is an expert in all types of hip, knee, and spine joint replacement surgeries and holds the credit for performing the highest number of total knee replacements with I- Assist Navigation technique in India. He also performed the largest number of total hip replacement surgeries for Sickle Cell disease.
- With several firsts to his name, Dr. Gulati performed the first-ever total hip replacement surgery on the youngest patient in India. He pioneered the Gyroscope-based Computer Navigation Knee Replacement surgery in India and is the best in the procedure.
- He holds more than 2 decades of experience in primary and revision total hip and knee replacement surgeries and has performed a large number of complex surgeries with excellent outcomes.
- Dr. Yash Gulatiis one of the very few surgeons in India to perform Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Interbody Fusion surgeries.
- Dr. Gulati has been associated with prestigious and the best orthopedic hospitals in India. He is the orthopedic surgeon for the President of India and has also performed surgeries on some of the notable personalities of the country.
- He is also an experienced sports surgeon and holds a Diploma in Sports Medicine. He has performed surgeries on some of the well-known sportsperson and athletes of India. He has also been an honorary orthopedic surgeon for the Border Security Forces and the Armed Forces.
- Dr. Yash Gulati is regularly invited as a speaker and presenter to attend conferences and seminars all over the world. He has delivered over 500 lectures at several national and international meetings. He also delivered orations on several occasions and has been appreciated and awarded for his work on numerous instances.
- He is also invited to various orthopedic workshops and CMEs where he has given live demonstrations of knee and hip replacement procedures both in India and other countries of the world. He did a live demonstration of microdiscectomy at the Indian Orthopedic Association Annual Conference held in Patna.
- He is a keen researcher and has been developing new and better techniques for orthopedic and joint replacement surgeries in India. His work has been published in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Gulati is also active in social work and has been associated with a number of NGOs to provide for the underprivileged. He also organizes free health camps to help poor and elderly patients with orthopedic care.
Dr. Yash Gulati’s Expertise
- Assist Navigation technique for Total Knee Replacement
- Endoscopic Disc Surgery
- Gyroscope-based Computer Navigation Knee Replacement surgery
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery- Microdiscectomy, Microscope Assisted disc surgery
- Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Interbody Fusion surgery
- Primary and revision hip replacement surgery
- Primary and revision knee replacement surgery
- Surgery for fracture, injuries, and complex trauma
- Surgery for sports-related injuries
- Total Hip Replacement for Sickle Cell disease
- Total Knee and Hip replacement surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Yash Gulati
- Director and HOD of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Visiting Consultant of Orthopedics, Ras al-Khaimah Hospital,, United Arab Emirates
- Senior Consultant of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Surgery at Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, New Delhi
- Head and Chief Consultant of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant of Orthopedics at St. James’ Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Dr. Yash Gulati’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MS in Orthopedics from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MCh in Orthopedics from the University of Liverpool, UK
- Advance Diploma in Sports Medicine from the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
Memberships of Dr. Yash Gulati
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Association of Spine Surgeon of India
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Indian Society for Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- Former President, Delhi Orthopedic Association
- South Delhi Orthopedic Society
- Delhi Medical Association
- Delhi Medical Council
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Yash Gulati
- Dr. Yash Gulati received Padma Shri in 2009
- Dr. Yash Gulati received B C Roy Award in 2016
- Distinguished Service Award for Orthopedics by Indian Medical Association
- Romesh Chandra Best Doctor Award for service towards the elderly of the society
- Performed the first-ever Endoscopic Disc surgery in India
- Performed the largest series of Total Knee Replacement with I- Assist Navigation Technique
- Performed the largest series of Total Hip Replacement for Sickle Cell Disease
- Certificate of Appreciation for teaching spine surgery from Aligarh Muslim University
- Certificate of Appreciation for teaching from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh