Designation of Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
Senior Consultant – Department of Endocrinology & Diabetology
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre, Chennai, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
- Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran is an American board-certified endocrinologist and diabetologist practicing at the Dr. Rela Institute in Chennai as a senior consultant who treats innumerable diabetic patients.
- Ever since she moved back from the University of Maryland she has been heading the endocrine department and managing various endocrine inpatients and outpatients.
- The centre is busy with transplant-related work and she is actively involved in transplant endocrinology work.
- Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran also runs inpatient diabetes consults and has implemented protocols to manage diabetes for inpatients.
Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran’s Expertise
- Pituitary, Adrenal disorder
- Gonadal disorder
- Transplant Endocrinology
- Transgender Medicine
- Neuro Endocrine Disorders
Work Experience of Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
- Consultant Endocrinologist at Global Hospital, Chennai from 7/2012 to 11/2018
- Resident- University of Buffalo, New York
- Consultant Endocrinologist at Sree Vikas center for hormone health, Velachery from 7/2012-Present
- Consultant Endocrinologist at Adyar Cancer Institute from 7/2013-Present
- Consultant Endocrinologist at IIT Madras from 3/2018-Present
Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran’s Qualifications
- 2000 – 2006; Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) Kilpauk Medical College and Research Institute Chennai, India
- 2007 – 2008; Internal medicine Intern Albert Einstein Medical center Philadelphia, PA, USA
- 2008 – 2010; Resident Physician, Department of Internal Medicine State University of New York Buffalo, NY, USA
- 2010 – 2012; Clinical Assistant Instructor (Fellow), University of Maryland Medical System Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolism Baltimore, MD, USA
Memberships of Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
- Endocrine Society, USA
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- American Thyroid Association
- Endocrine Fellow Foundation
- National Lipid Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
- Times Health Excellence Award 2020 for Service Excellence in Diabetology
- Best fellow award from the University of Maryland: Awarded in June 2011
Publications of Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
- Constrictive pericarditis in a patient with sinus venous atrial septal defect and anomalous right upper pulmonary venous return.
- Dry beans and diabetes. Published for non-peer review newsletter
- Popular Diets: Which weight loss diet is best for Geriatric patients?
- Thyroid tumors of uncertain malignant potential with concurrent papillary thyroid cancer: A report of 2 patients.
- Levodopa-Carbidopa treatment and falsely high urinary dopamine levels.
- Role of Lipotoxicity in Endothelial Dysfunction.
- Mechanisms for Food Polyphenols to Ameliorate Insulin Resistance and Endothelial Dysfunction: Implications for diabetes and its vascular complications.
- Fractures on bisphosphonates in osteoporosis pseudoglioma syndrome (OPPG). pQCT shows poor bone density and structure.
- Management of anemia in patients with diabetic kidney disease. A consensus statement.