Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
Senior Consultant – Department of Endocrinology & Diabetology,
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre, Chennai, India.
- Sruti Chandrasekaran is an American board certified endocrinologist and diabetologist practicing at the Dr. Rela Institute in Chennai.
- She is a senior consultant at the Rela Institute, who has treated innumerable diabetic patients.
- Ever since she moved back from University of Maryland she has been heading the endocrine department and manages various endocrine inpatient and outpatient consults.
- The centre is busy with transplant related work and she is actively involved in transplant endocrinology work.
- She also runs the inpatient diabetes consults and has implemented protocols to manage diabetes for inpatients.
- Pituitary, Adrenal disorder and gonadal disorders.
- Transplant Endocrinology
- Transgender Medicine
- Neuro Endocrine Disorders
- 7/2012-11/2018: Consultant Endocrinologist at Global Hospital,Chennai. Global hospital is a tertiary care hospital in Chennai. Here, I headed the endocrine department and managed endocrine inpatient and outpatient consults. I was the Internal medicine teaching faculty and in-charge of internal medicine training for physician assistant students who train at Global hospital, Chennai
- Resident- University of Buffalo, New York
- 7/2012-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at Sree Vikas center for hormone health, Velachery. This is my private office where I see patients with various endocrine related disorders. This is predominantly an outpatient referral center for endocrinology.
- 7/2013-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at Adyar Cancer Institute. This is a very busy tertiary care cancer center in Chennai and I manage endocrinology and diabetes in a very complex setting of malignancy and am also involved in managing various complex neuro endocrine disorders.
- 3/2018-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at IIT Madras where I consult once a week for endocrine related disorders
- 2000 – 2006; Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) Kilpauk Medical College and Research Institute Chennai, India
- 2007 – 2008; Internal medicine Intern Albert Einstein Medical center Philadelphia, PA, USA
- 2008 – 2010; Resident Physician, Department of Internal Medicine State University of New York Buffalo, NY, USA
- 2010 – 2012; Clinical Assistant Instructor (Fellow), University of Maryland Medical System Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolism Baltimore, MD, USA
- Member – Endocrine Society, USA
- Member – American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- Member – American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- Member – American Thyroid Association
- Member – Endocrine Fellow Foundation
- Member – National Lipid Association
- Constrictive pericarditis in a patient with sinus venosus atrial septal defect and anomalous right upper pulmonary venous return.
- Dry beans and diabetes. Published for non-peer review newsletter
- Popular Diets: Which weight loss diet is best for Geriatric patients?
- Thyroid tumors of uncertain malignant potential with concurrent papillary thyroid cancer: A report of 2 patients.
- Levodopa-Carbidopa treatment and falsely high urinary dopamine levels.
- Role of Lipotoxicity in Endothelial Dysfunction.
- Mechanisms for Food Polyphenols to Ameliorate Insulin Resistance and Endothelial Dysfunction: Implications for diabetes and its vascular complications.
- Fractures on bisphosphonates in osteoporosis pseudoglioma syndrome ( OPPG). pQCT shows poor bone density and structure.
- Management of anemia in patients with diabetic kidney disease. A consensus statement.