Designation of Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav
Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav
Pediatric Hemato Oncologist
Director – Pediatric Hemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant
Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav
- Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav is counted among the most experienced pediatric hemato-oncologists in India. His primary focus lies in Pediatric Leukemia, Bone Marrow, and Stem Cell transplantation.
- His experience exceeds over 20 years during which he has performed more than 400 bone marrow and blood transplant procedures. Among these, he has also performed over 50 Haplo identical bone marrow transplants and 50 unrelated donor and cord transplants.
- Dr. Yadav specializes in Blood Cancer treatment, Bone Marrow Transplant, Medical Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplant and has performed several such procedures with successful results.
- His primary area of expertise lies in the treatment of Pediatric Leukaemia, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, and Pediatric Blood disorders, and has also treated several cases of Pediatric Hematological Malignancies.
- Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav’s expertise also lies in the treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Sickle Cell disease, Histiocytosis, Thalassemia, and Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
- Along with his work, Dr. Yadav has also taught and trained medical aspirants for the fellowship of the National Board of Examinations in the field of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology. Over 20 fellows under his guidance are serving as Consultants in reputed national and international institutes.
- He is also actively involved in research work and has over 600 citations to his credit. His works are regularly published in renowned national and international medical journals all over the world such as the British Journal of Hematology, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Journal.
Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav’s Expertise
- Bone marrow transplantation (Haplo Identical Bone Marrow and unrelated donor/cord transplants)
- Pediatric Blood Stem cell transplantation
- Pediatric Blood disorders
Work Experience of Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav
- Director at the Cancer Institute (Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant), Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon, since 2016
- Associate Director and Head for Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Fortis Healthcare, Gurgaon from 2013 to 2016
- Associate Professor for Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi from 2005 to 2013
- Registrar at the Department of Pediatrics at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi from 1999 to 2001
Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav’s Qualifications
- MBBS from University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi in 1994
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health) from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi in 1998
- DNB in Pediatrics from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi in 1999
- Fellowship in Pediatric Hemato-Oncology from Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children (The Children’s Hospital), Sydney (2002-2005)
Memberships of Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav
- International Society of Pediatric Oncology
- International Society of Hematology
- Indian Pediatric Oncology Group
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- New South Wales Bone Marrow Transplant Network
- Delhi Society of Hematology
- Global Neuroblastoma Network
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology (Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Satya Prakash Yadav
- Received ANZCCSG Scholarship for presenting a paper during the SIOP meeting in Brisbane in 2010
- Was the National Coordinator for National Training Program in Practical Pediatric Hematology for the year 2010
- Served as the Secretary of Organ Transplant Group at the Indian Academy of Pediatrics in 2009
- C K Bhalla Award for Best Senior Resident (Pediatrics) in 2002