Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sanjay Gogoi
- Dr. Sanjay Gogoi is currently the Head of the Department of Urology, at Manipal Hospitals, Dwarka. Having over 20 years of experience, Dr. Sanjay Gogoi is a well-known name in the field of urology, and renal transplantation. Dr. Gogoi is an expert in minimally invasive transplant techniques of Laparoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Transplantation.
- He is also trained in Robotic surgery at da Vinci Training Center, Intuitive Surgical, California. With over six years of experience in doing Robotic Cancer surgeries on the Kidney, Bladder, Prostate, Adrenal, etc., Dr. Sanjay Gogoi is an expert in Robotic reconstructive procedures of kidneys, ureters, and bladder, as well, as in adults as well as pediatric patients.
- His strength in Reconstructive urology has few parallels in the world and his department is considered a referral center for complicated urethral strictures, neobladders, phalloplasties, congenital defects, neo-vaginas, anti-incontinence procedures, and genito-urinary fistulas. Also known for his humanitarian works, Dr. Gogoi has also rehabilitated several hundred war victims with genito-urinary trauma from Sri Lanka and the Middle East.
Work Experience of Dr. Sanjay Gogoi
- Director and HOD, Urology and Kidney Transplant at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram in 2013
- Associate Director, Urology and Kidney Transplant at Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram from 2010 to 2013
- Consultant- Uro-oncology, Endourology, and Reconstructive Urology at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata from 2008- to 2010
- Consultant, Urology and Renal Transplant at Apollo Hospitals, Colombo from 2002 to 2007
- Assistant Professor- Robotic Surgery, Urology, and Renal Transplant at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati from 2001 to 2002
- Senior Research Associate, Principal Investigator for clinical drug trials at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences from 2001 to 2002
- Medical Officer, ONGC, Sibsagar, Assam in 1993
Dr. Sanjay Gogoi’s Qualifications
Memberships of Dr. Sanjay Gogoi
- Urological Society of India
- American Urological Association
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Sanjay Gogoi
- Dr. Sanjay Gogoi was part of the team that performed the world’s First Robotic Kidney Transplant
- He is known for performing India’s youngest Robotic Pyeloplasty on a 5-month-old child in 2012.
- He has also performed Sri Lanka’s first Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy in 2003.