Designation of Dr. Rajendran B
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajendran B
- Dr. Rajendran B works as a Radiation Oncology consultant in Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- He holds more than 32 years of experience in this domain and is regarded as one of the best Radiation Oncologists at Apollo hospital, Chennai.
- Dr. Rajendran has developed expertise in the treatment of conditions like Cancer and Central Nervous System Tumors.
- He has studied radiotherapy and was recognized as the first oncologist to perform radiosurgery in Northern Malaysia in 2008.
- Dr. Rajendran takes interest in engaging in social groups related to his field and holds Indian Medical Association (IMA) membership.
Dr. B Rajendran’s Expertise
- Brachytherapy (Internal Radiation Therapy)
- Cancer screening
- Cancer treatment
- Cranial Cyber-Knife Radiosurgery
- External Beam Radiation for prostate cancer
- Genitourinary Malignancies
- Image-Guided Radio Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radio Therapy (IMRT)
- Metastatic Tumors Treatment
- Proton Therapy
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS)
- Treatment of Adrenal Cancer
- Treatment of Anal cancer
Work Experience of Dr. Rajendran B
- Full-time senior consultant in the radiation oncology department at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Senior Consultant in Radiotherapy & Oncology in Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital of Penang, Malaysia (July 2006 – July 2010)
Dr. B Rajendran’s Qualifications
- MD in Radiotherapy from Kasturba Medical College in the year 1995
- DNB in Radiotherapy from National Board of Examinations Ministry of Health Government of India in 1995
- Diploma from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore in 1989
- MBBS in 1986 from Karnataka Medical College, Mangalore
Memberships of Dr. Rajendran B
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) membership
- Malaysian Medical Association (IMA) membership
- Malaysian Oncological society
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India membership
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Rajendran B
- Honored for being the first Oncologist to perform Radiosurgery in Northern Malaysia in 2008.
- Received certificate of merit as the Best doctor in the Department of Radiation Oncology in the year 1995 to 1996