- Dr. Kumud Kumar Handa is a highly acclaimed ENT and Head and Neck Surgeon in India with specialization in Head and Neck cancer surgery.
- His expertise in the field of ENT is prominent with the 27 years of experience that he has in the field.
- Currently the Chairman of the ENT and Head & Neck Surgery division in Medanta, Dr. Handa had a major role to play in establishing the unit in the year 2009.
- His area of interest includes voice surgery, laser surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, cochlear implant surgery and head and neck surgery. He has helped in the treatment of a number of head and neck cancer patients with different types of cancer surgeries.
- He has several firsts to his credit that includes the first laryngeal framework surgery, trans-oral robotic surgery and Botulinum toxin injection for spasmodic dysphonia in India.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty as well as a speaker in a number of conferences and workshops held in India and abroad.
- Along with his practice, Dr. Handa has also been an examiner for under graduate, post graduate and DNB examinations. He has over 13 years of experience as a faculty of ENT at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi.
- He has more than 80 publications to his name that have been published in renowned national and international medical journals.
- He is an internationally acclaimed ENT surgeon with memberships of various medical and scientific associations.
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, 1988
- MS in ENT from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 1993
- DNB from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1994
- MNAMS from National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1995
- Senior Resident at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 1996
- Commonwealth Teacher’s Fellowship in Laser Surgery from Glasgow Royal Infirmary, UK
- Indian Society of Rhinology
- Indian Society of Otology
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Voice Foundation of India
- Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology
- Indian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Otorhinolaryngologist by Times Research Foundation in 2012
- Listed in the ENT chapter of Marquis Who is Who in the World in 2009
- Kirti Gupta Oration in Phonosurgery, 2009
- N K Agarwal Oration in Phonosurgery, 2008
- R D Kumar Oration in Laryngology, 2006
- President’s Appreciation Award by the Indian Medical Association (South Delhi Branch) in 2005
- Bharath Swasthya Samman award by Zee News in 2005
Other Accomplishments & Recognitions
- Medical Advisor of the Laryngectomy Club of India
- Treasurer and Past Secretary of the Neurotological and Equilibrium Society of India, Governing Body
- Founder Secretary, Former President and Former Vice President o f the Association of Phonosurgeons of India,
- Member of Governing Body of the Association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India,
- Reviewer of the Indian Journal of Pediatrics