Designation of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Dr. Harit Chaturvedi is the Chairman of Max Institute of Cancer Care and the Director and Chief Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- He is considered among the best surgical oncologists in India.
- Dr. Harit Chaturvedi has over 3 decades of experience in Surgical Oncology and provides services for the surgical treatment of various types of cancers affecting the breast, head and neck, oral, abdomen, and GI regions.
- He performs surgeries for cancer patients for the removal of both breasts and lymph nodes, removal of part or entire thyroid gland, breast-conserving surgery, surgery for removal of part or entire small intestine, surgery for prostate cancer, etc.
- He is an exceptionally skilled and experienced surgical oncologist and leads a team of more than 80 oncologists practicing at the various centers of Max Healthcare.
- Along with using traditional surgical methods, Dr. Harit Chaturvedi is also apt in using robotic procedures and radiofrequency ablation for cancer surgeries.
- He is an active supporter of cancer awareness and has been involved in awareness campaigns against Tobacco for more than a decade for different cancer foundations.
- Dr. Chaturvedi has a major role to play in making the Max Institute of Cancer Care one of the primary centers for cancer treatment in India.
- He is a member of several medical associations both on national and international platforms.
- He has numerous publications on surgical oncology to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals.
Work Experience of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Chairman of Max Institute of Cancer Care and Director and Chief Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and other Max Healthcare hospitals, since 2009
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 2004 to 2009
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 2000 to 2004
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Batra Hospital from 1995 to 1999
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi’s Qualifications
- MBBS from LPS Institute of Cardiology at GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, in 1986
- MS in General Surgery from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur in 1989
- MCh in Surgical Oncology from Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai in 1992
Memberships of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Delhi Medical Association
- President-Elect of Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists
- Former President of the Indian Society of Oncology,
- Founder President of Core Cancer Foundation
- President of Oncology Forum
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Young Scientist Award by the Indian Society of Oncology in 1993
- In-charge of the Oncology session at 45th Annual Delhi State Medical Conference in 2002
- Chairman of Oncology session at DMA Annual event in 2007