Designation of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
Chairman (Cancer Care) and Director and Chief Consultant, Surgical Oncology
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Dr. Harit Chaturvedi is the Chairman of Max Institute of Cancer Care and the Director and Chief Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- He is considered among the best surgical oncologists in India.
- Dr. Harit Chaturvedi has over 3 decades of experience in Surgical Oncology and provides services for the surgical treatment of various types of cancers affecting the breast, head and neck, oral, abdomen, and GI regions.
- He performs surgeries for cancer patients for the removal of both breasts and lymph nodes, removal of part or entire thyroid gland, breast-conserving surgery, surgery for removal of part or entire small intestine, surgery for prostate cancer, etc.
- He is an exceptionally skilled and experienced surgical oncologist and leads a team of more than 80 oncologists practicing at the various centers of Max Healthcare.
- Along with using traditional surgical methods, Dr. Harit Chaturvedi is also apt in using robotic procedures and radiofrequency ablation for cancer surgeries.
- He is an active supporter of cancer awareness and has been involved in awareness campaigns against Tobacco for more than a decade for different cancer foundations.
- Dr. Chaturvedi has a major role to play in making the Max Institute of Cancer Care one of the primary centers for cancer treatment in India.
- He is a member of several medical associations both on national and international platforms.
- He has numerous publications on surgical oncology to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals.
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi’s Expertise
- Bowel resection surgery
- Laparoscopic Radical prostatectomy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Robotic Cancer Surgeries
- Stereotactic surgery
- Surgery for cancers of the head and neck, breast, oral, urological, abdomen and Gastrointestinal cancers
Work Experience of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Chairman of Max Institute of Cancer Care and Director and Chief Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and other Max Healthcare hospitals, since 2009
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 2004 to 2009
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 2000 to 2004
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Batra Hospital from 1995 to 1999
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi’s Qualifications
- MBBS from LPS Institute of Cardiology at GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, in 1986
- MS in General Surgery from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur in 1989
- MCh in Surgical Oncology from Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai in 1992
Memberships of Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Delhi Medical Association
- President-Elect of Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists
- Former President of the Indian Society of Oncology,
- Founder President of Core Cancer Foundation
- President of Oncology Forum
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Young Scientist Award by the Indian Society of Oncology in 1993
- In-charge of the Oncology session at 45th Annual Delhi State Medical Conference in 2002
- Chairman of Oncology session at DMA Annual event in 2007