Designation of Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
Chairman – Gastroenterology
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
- Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri is a gastroenterologist, medical educator, researcher of national eminence, as well as a columnist and philanthropist.
- Currently functioning as the HOD Director of Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Sciences in Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Dr. (Prof) Gourdas Choudhuri is an exemplary doctor in the field of Gastroenterology with over 30 years of professional experience and has several awards and accolades rewarding his outstanding work.
- He completed his training at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi and was the first specialist to start Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Extra Corporeal Shockwave Biliary Lithotripsy (ESWL) in India.
- It was under Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri’s expert leadership and supervision the prestigious department of Gastroenterology at Sanjay Gandhi PostgraduateInstitute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, developed into one of the top five in the country.
- With over 200 scientific publications to his name, Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri has brought a plethora of knowledge and proficient Gastroenterology experience into the medical industry of India.
- Dr. Choudhuri also indulges in medical education and research of national eminence. He is also a notable columnist and philanthropist.
Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri’s Expertise
- Colon polyps
- Celiac disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Heartburn, or Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Work Experience of Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
- Vice-Chairman – Institute of Digestive & Hepatobiliary Sciences at Medanta, The Medicity, Gurugram
- Professor & Head – Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri’s Qualifications
- MBBS from JIPMER, Pondicherry
- MD from AIIMS, New Delhi in 1982
- DM from AIIMS, New Delhi in 1984
Memberships of Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
- President of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Council member of International bodies
- World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO)
- Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology (APAGE)
- Coalition for Eradication of Viral Hepatitis from Asia Pacific (CEVHAP)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri
- SA Nani Vadekar Oration. Lokmanya Tilak Memorial Medical College/General Hospital, Mumbai in 2014
- Netaji Oration. Association of Physicians of India in 2013
- Lifetime Achievement Award. ENDOCON in 2005
- UP Ratan. Government of Uttar Pradesh in 2002
- General Amir Chand Oration Award. NAMS in 2008