- Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri is a gastroenterologist, medical educator, researcher of national eminence, as well as a columnist and philanthropist.
- Currently functioning as the HOD Director of Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Sciences in Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Dr. (Prof) Gourdas Choudhuri is an exemplary doctor in the field of Gastroenterology with over 30 years of professional experience and having several awards and accolades rewarding his outstanding work.
- He completed his training from All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi and was the first specialist to start Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Extra Corporeal Shockwave Biliary Lithotripsy (ESWL) in India.
- It was under his expert leadership and supervision did the prestigious department of Gastroenterology at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, developed into one of the top five in the country.
- With over 200 scientific publications to his name, Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri has brought a plethora of knowledge and proficient Gastroenterology experience into medical industry of India.
- Dr Choudhuri also indulges in medical education and research of national eminence. He is also a notable columnist and philanthropist.
Past Work Experience
- MBBS, JIPMER, Pondicherry
- MD, 1982, AIIMS, New Delhi
- DM, 1984, AIIMS, New Delhi
- President of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Council member of International bodies
- World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO)
- Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology (APAGE)
- Coalition for Eradication of Viral Hepatitis from Asia Pacific (CEVHAP)
Awards and Recognitions
- SA Nani Vadekar Oration. Lokmanya Tilak Memorial Medical College/General Hospital, Mumbai – 2014
- Netaji Oration. Association of Physicians of India. 2013 – 2013
- Lifetime Achievement Award. ENDOCON – 2005
- UP Ratan. Government of Uttar Pradesh – 2002
- General Amir Chand Oration Award. NAMS – 2008