- Dr. G Rama Subramanyam is a well known cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon in Hyderabad with exceptional expertise in all kinds of cardiac surgeries.
- He specializes in open heart surgery and has performed more than 5000 such procedures since 1997.
- He is also an expert in Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting and heart valve surgeries that includes over 200 Ischemic mitral valve repair surgeries and 100 myxomatous and Rheumatic mitral valve repair surgeries.
- He has been performing cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries for more than 20 years now and has extensive experience in chest reconstruction surgery after trauma and removal of cancer and tumors of the lungs and chest walls.
- Dr. Subramanyam is considered one of the best cardiac surgeons in South India and is among the few surgeons with experience in Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries.
- He has worked both as a consultant as well as a teacher in various medical hospitals and colleges and achieved great success in both.
- He is also involved in research activities and has numerous publications to his name in renowned medical journals
- He regularly attends conferences, seminars and meetings for cardiac surgeries and cardiac care and has delivered numerous lectures and presentations on such platforms both in the national and international level.
- His contributions to cardiac surgery in India has been commendable and has received appreciations and recognitions on several occasions. For his dedication he was awarded the Starr Ahmed Fellowship in 2000.
- Open heart surgery
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Aortic Valve repair replacement surgery
- Ventricular aneurysm repair surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) and Minimal Access CABG
- Chronic pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy Septal Myomectomy
- Ischemic, Myxomatous and Rheumatic mitral valve repair
- Bentall’s Procedure
- Device closure surgeries for ASD, VSD, PDA
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries
- Senior Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at CARE Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Presently
- Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at CARE Hospital (Heart Institute), Nampally, Hyderabad from 1997 to 2001
- Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Mediciti Hospital (presently MaxCure), Hyderabad from 1994 to 1997
- Assistant Professor of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati from 1993 to 1994
- Trainee of Thoracic Surgery at Military Hospital, Pune, 1992
- Resident of Cardio Thoracic Surgery at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad from 1990 to 1992
- Senior Resident of Cardio Thoracic Surgery at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, 1989
- Assistant Professor of General Surgery at King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam from 1988 to 1989
- MBBS from Guntur Medical College, Andhra Pradesh, 1982
- MS in General Surgery from Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, 1986
- MCh in Cardio Thoracic Surgery from Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Telangana, 1992