- Dr. Deepu Banerjee is a leading name in the field of Neurosurgery in India who possesses extensive skills in minimally invasive and micro neurosurgery.
- He has been practicing neurosurgery for over 28 years and is counted among the best microscopic neurosurgeons of the country.
- Apart from minimal invasive surgeries, his expertise lays in skull base surgery, brain tumors surgery, vascular surgery and spine surgeries and has handled numerous cases of brain and spine diseases and disorders.
- Dr. Banerjee is one of a kind neurosurgeon specializing in various neurosurgical procedures. He is also a Sugita fellow in micro-neuro surgery from Nagoya University, Japan.
- He has been part of various prestigious neurosurgery hospitals before joining Fortis in Mumbai. He is credited with establishing the centre of Neurosurgery at National Neurosciences Centre in Kolkata which is backed by FIENS.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations of the world and is also invited regularly to attend the annual conferences of such organizations. He has chaired several sessions and also presented papers and articles on several instances during such annual gatherings.
- He is also an avid researcher and has several publications in his name in renowned national and international medical journals under the branch of neurosurgery. He also takes part in workshops and medical camps for neurology and neurosurgery to help the under privileged section of the economy.
- Microscopic and Minimally invasive neurosurgery for brain tumor and intraventricular tumor
- Skull base surgery for pituitary adenoma, cranio vertebral junction and meningioma
- Vascular surgery for arteriovenous malformations, aneurysms, strokes and micro vascular decompression
- Spine surgery for spinal fusion, spinal tumor, spinal decompression and trauma
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Surgery for cranio spinal trauma
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Corpectomy, Laminectomy, Laminoplasty
- Director and Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Mumbai, since 2005
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at Bombay Hospital, Indore from 2003 to 2005
- Professor (Assistant, Associate, Additional) of Neurosurgery at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow from 1990 to 2005
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore from 1986 to 1990
- Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery at Shinshu University School of Medical Sciences, Japan, 1994
- MBBS from Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College (GSVM), Kanpur, 1979
- MS in General Surgery from G S V M Medical College, Kanpur, 1983
- MCh in Neurosurgery from G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, 1986
- Sugita Fellowship in Advanced Micro Neurology from Nagoya University, Japan, 1994
- Neurosurgery Observership at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, 1999
- Neurosurgery Observership at Michigan University Ann Arbor, USA, 1999
- Neurology Society of India
- Association of Spinal Surgeons of India
- Skull Base Surgery Society of India
- Indian Society of Neuro Oncology
- Neuro Otology and Equilibriometric Society of India
- Epilepsy Association of India
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Skull Base Society