Best Doctors in India for Hernia Surgery
- Dr. A K Kriplani is the ‘Past President and trustee’ of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons.
- Dr Kriplani is known to be quite compassionate about patient care and throughout his career, he has performed various bariatric surgeries in the last few decades and is considered as the best bariatric surgeon in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- He has the credit of being first in India to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy and laparoscopic splenectomy and performing first laparoscopic whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy in North India and he is one of the best laparoscopic surgeon in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- Dr. Kriplani has been invited as a faculty for 395 live demonstrations, Guest lectures, orations, key-note addresses in conferences in various Indian cities and outside India e.g. Rome, Hongkong, Kualalumpur, Singapore, Tashkent, Dubai, Kathmandu, Dhaka etc. He is also the recipient of 20 Awards/honours/orations.
- He has been the organizing chairman for 10 National Conferences / Workshops/ courses. He has trained hundreds of surgeons in laparoscopic surgery from India and adjoining countries like Nepal, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc. He is also Graduate Examiner for many universities.
- Dr. Arun Prasad is one of the world’s finest surgeons having an experience of over 7000 laparoscopic operations. He has a surgical experience of 29 years and Laparoscopic experience of 24 years. He is a medical graduate from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. He did his masters in surgery from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1988 and went to the UK for higher surgical training in GI surgery.
- Dr. Prasad has done the world’s first Laparoscopic operation on the Gall Bladder fistula with the large intestine, which is recognized over the world in eminent medical journals. He is known for performing the world’s first Thoracoscopic removal of the Hydatid cyst of the lungs, as well.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Arun Prasad has worked on other complex and advanced laparoscopic operations for various abdominal and chest problems.
- He conducted one of the first series in the world in 1994, showing the feasibility and safety of doing Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and sending the patient home on the same day.
- Dr. Arun Prasad is also of the few Indians who have had the honor to be a tutor in Laparoscopic Surgery in the courses conducted at The Royal College of Surgeons, London. Presently he is a tutor in Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of the UK and also an examiner for MRCS conducted by the Royal College. He is also one of the few surgeons doing ETS for Hyperhidrosis.
- Dr. Anil Vaidya is a renowned pancreas transplant surgeon who has performed over 1000 surgeries in the UK and the US.
- The best Transplant Surgeon in India, Dr Anil is an expert in all aspects of intestinal transplantation, pancreas transplantation and using auto transplantation methods.
- Dr. Neel Shah is one of the top General Surgeons in India and is a Specialist in abdominal surgery. He possesses an elaborate experience of over 35 years in the field.
- He is engaged as a senior consultant General Surgeon with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Dr. Shah is also a Laparoscopic surgeon, practicing as an expert Thyroid & Endocrine General Surgeon, Gastrointestinal surgeon, and advanced Laparoscopic surgeon.
- He offers Hernia Repair Surgery, Abscess treatment, Amputation, Mastectomy, Gall Bladder removal, cyst removal, and more in adults and children.
- Dr. Deepak Govil is one of the best Surgical Gastroenterologists in India, having over 29 years of experience in GI procedures. He has worked as a senior Gastro and laparoscopic surgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- Dr. Govil, the founder of PSRI’s Department of GI Surgery, has done a lot of significant GI surgical interventions.
- He is well-known for having done liver transplants upon living donors. At Apollo Hospital, he has performed over 2000 surgeries that include the liver, gastrointestinal tract, and laparoscopic procedures.
- In addition to his fieldwork, Dr. Govil has taught at prestigious medical institutes in Delhi.
- With over 20 years of experience in surgery including Laparoscopic, Bariatric & G I Surgery, Dr Rashmi Pyasi has vast experience of scar-less, single incision laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- She has done pioneering work in the super specialty of coloproctology having a rare distinction of performing over 1000 MIPH (stapled hemorrhoidectomy).
- She also specializes in treatment of female surgical disorders, including laparoscopic (incisional) hernia repairs, weight loss surgery and breast disorders.
- She has delivered lectures as guest speaker in scientific sessions all over the country.
- Her work has been published in many scientific journals.
- She has been visited by many surgeons for training and learning her techniques of single incision and other minimally invasive surgery from all over the country.
- Dr. Anil Sharma worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 1994 after relocating from the UK. He was associated with the founding of the Department of Minimal Access Surgery since its inception in 1996. Dr. Anil Sharma has a special interest in surgical management of abdominal wall hernias, a subject on which he has conducted numerous operative workshops, throughout his career. He has also lectured extensively worldwide and contributed several chapters in International publications.
- He is a keen academician and prolific writer with several landmark scientific articles in International publications. Dr Anil Sharma has also designed the Basic Medical Writing Course for Surgeons, a purely voluntary initiative to introduce Surgeons to effective Medical writing and presentation. As President of Asia Pacific Hernia Society, he conceptualised and created Hernia Essentials, a comprehensive Hernia training Course, primarily based on International guidelines on management of hernia.
- He entered U.K. in 1991 through the Overseas doctors training scheme, sponsored by Royal College of Surgeons of England, with the specific aim of training in Minimally invasive surgery.
- Bedford Hospital is a 525 bedded district general hospital. The hospital has an extremely busy surgical gastrointestinal unit with a special interest in laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery. The unit consisted of a consultant, registrar, senior house officer, house officer and medical students on clinical attachments.
- During his stint at Bedford, his unit performed 400 laparoscopic cholecystectomies, 60 laparoscopically assisted large bowel resections, 50 laparoscopic appendectomies, 70 laparoscopic hernia repairs, 20 laparoscopic oophrectomies. Also, they routinely performed diagnostic laparoscopies, laparoscopic release of adhesions and laparoscopic incisional hernia repairs. Among the more innovative procedures his team had developed locally were thoracoscopic oesophago-cardiomyotomy for achalasia of cardia (5 cases) and laparoscopic repair of cholecysto-duodenal fistula (5 cases).
- His team’s expertise was tapped by several prominent multinational companies such as Glaxo and Autosutures, for whom they had created video presentations of the procedures. The team also provided a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. Some of the services provided in this field include laser fulguration of advanced oesophageal malignancies, dilatation of oseophageal strictures, percutaneous endoscopic gastrotomy and snare polypectomy.
- He was associated with this unit for around 2 years from November 1991. As first assistant (registrar) to the consultant Mr. RJE Foley, he had gone through the learning curve with him on several of the recent laparoscopic procedures. Plus, he was directly responsible for the day to day functioning of the unit, he also independently conducted a bi-weekly operating list, an endoscopy list, a general surgical clinic, rectal clinic and a pile clinic. I was actively involved in teaching medical students from London and Cambridge. The academic also used to remain busy with surgical audits, death and complication meetings, pathology meetings and institute seminars.
- Furthermore, during the above training period, he attained the FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in April 1994.
- Dr. Pradeep Chowbey is an international known pioneering laparoscopic surgeon, who has over 45 years of surgical experience. Throughout his career, he has trained over 20,000 surgeons from around the world in minimally invasive surgeries. He is one of the first to perform laparoscopic cholecystectomy in North India and the first to perform MAFT (Minimally Invasive Fistula Technology) in the Asia Pacific Region. He has graphed his career with singular determination to develop, evaluate, and propagate Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery in India, and the Asian subcontinent.
- His Institute at Max Healthcare was the first to receive the Center of excellence accreditations in India for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, Hernia Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA (2011-2014)
- With over 85,000 surgeries to his credit, he has also been featured in the Guiness Book of Records 1997 and Limca Book of Records 2000 – 2020 (consecutive twenty years) as the first Endoscopic surgeon performing most number of minimal access surgeries. He has authored more than 300 original scientific papers in international and national indexed journals and contributed chapters for various text/reference books, including the prestigious publications like Springer, Jaypee, Elsevier.
- Dr. Saket Goel is one of the best Gastroenterologists in India providing healthcare facilities to patients for the last 24 years. He is connected with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- Dr. Goel keeps up with the latest surgical trends to serve better. He specializes in minimal access surgery, bariatric surgery, colorectal surgery, and laparoscopic surgery.
- In addition to proficiency in a wide range of regular and emergency surgeries, Dr. Goel works to create awareness for colorectal cancer and also has penned many papers and articles in reputed national and international journals. He offers surgical training to postgraduates, interns, undergraduates, nursing students, etc.
- With more than 33 years of experience, Padma Shri awardee Dr. Sandeep Guleria is renowned for being the key member of the team that conducted the first two Kidney Pancreas Transplants in India.
- Currently, he is a top-notch Kidney Transplant Specialist working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- He has worked as an additional professor, in the department of surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Currently, he is a senior consultant surgeon in General Surgery, GI Surgery, and transplantation.
- Dr. Guleria puts emphasis on diet and lifestyle changes as they are quite an important part of treatment in treating early kidney diseases.
- His special area of interest is organ transplantation. He has spent around two years in the United Kingdom at the Royal Free Hospital in London where he was actively involved in the renal transplant program. From London, he was appointed as a Transplant Fellow in the Academic Surgical Unit at St. James’s University Hospital. There, he trained extensively in liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation.
- Every year, he performs around about 70 live-related renal transplants.
He also started a simultaneous kidney and Pancreas Transplant program in India and performed the first successful simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplant in the country.
Best Hospitals in India for Hernia Surgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Apollo serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, India | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Fortis is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Fortis serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon | Founded by world-renowned Heart Surgeon, Dr. Naresh Trehan, Medanta has developed to one of the most reputed super-specialty hospitals in India. Medanta today serves patients from across the world for all major ailments | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Max New Delhi is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Max serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance
Rela Hospital, Chennai
Rela Hospital is designed to provide highly specialized care in all specialties with a special focus on the care of critically ill patients and multi-organ transplantation. Established under the formidable leadership of Dr. (Professor) Mohamed Rela, a world-renowned surgeon in the field of liver surgery and transplantation
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals, Artemis Hospital is often counted among the top 10 Hospitals in India. Artemis serves patients from across the world.
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals in Delhi, BLK serves patients from not just India, but from across the world.
Jaypee Hospital, Noida
Jaypee Hospital, Noida | Jaypee Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in Delhi NCR | Jaypee has good medical team for specialties like Cardiology, Oncology, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Research Center, Mumbai | One of the largest super-specialty hospitals in India, Kokilaben Hospital has an excellent medical team for all major super-specialties | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, Delhi
Manipal Hospital is a new and fast growing hospitals in Delhi NCR | Manipal has good medical team for specialties like Oncology, Cardiology and CTVS, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!