Designation of Dr. Manish Baijal
Dr. Manish Baijal
Bariatric & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Director – Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Manish Baijal
- Dr. Manish Baijal is an experienced, proficient, and renowned Bariatric Surgeon who has been practicing successfully for around 25 years.
- The credit for doing scarless neck surgery for Thyroid and Para Thyroid Diseases for the first time goes to Dr. Baijal.
- He also performs surgery for Morbid Obesity (Weight Loss) and Metabolic Disorders (Bariatric Surgery) with much dexterity.
- He has acquired great fame for performing surgery on abdominal Wall Hernias. Besides these, he also does Biliary surgeries like Gall Bladder Stone, Common Bile Duct Surgery, etc.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Baijal has also received several awards and honors. He had been awarded the winner in the ‘Excellence in Bariatric Surgery’ category by India News Health Awards in November 2016. He was awarded with the title “Surgeon of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery” by the Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- The doctor also takes a keen interest in teaching and chairs the post of Teaching Faculty in Professional Affairs and Clinical Education (PACE) and Centre of Excellence (COE).
- He is an Accredited Faculty of National Board of Examinations for Post Doctoral Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery and a Faculty Member of Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi.
- He was also one of the Founder Members of the Hernia Society of India.
- Dr. Baijal has also played a key role in compiling, streamlining, and editing the scientific contents of the Manual- “Minimal Access Surgery- Guidelines and Recommendations,” June 2000.
- He received special training in Bariatric Surgery from Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
Dr. Manish Baijal’s Expertise
- Scar Less Neck Surgery for Thyroid and Para Thyroid Diseases
- Abdominal Wall Hernia Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Common Bile Duct Surgery
- Gall Bladder Stone Surgery
- Weight Loss
Work Experience of Dr. Manish Baijal
- Registrar – Department of Minimal Access Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi; 1996 to 1999
- Attending Consultant Surgeon – Department of Minimal Access Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital; 1999 to 2000
- Senior Consultant Surgeon – Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital Saket; 2009 to 2016
- Associate Director – Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital Saket, from 2016 till present
- Sr. Consultant to Director – Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital, Saket; since 2009
- Registrar to Attending Consultant at Sir Ganga Ram from 1996 to 2000
Dr. Manish Baijal’s Qualifications
- Fellowship from Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- MNAMS from National Board of Examination in 2000
- DNB from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 1996
- MBBS from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal in 1992
Memberships of Dr. Manish Baijal
- Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG).
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- National Board of Examinations
- Hony. Treasurer – Asia Pacific Metabolic & Bariatric Surgical Society (APMBSS)
- Hony. Treasurer and Founder member– Hernia Society of India (HSI) – National Chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Manish Baijal
- Dr. Manish Baijal has been awarded winner in the ‘Excellence in Bariatric Surgery’ category by India News Health Awards in November 2016
- Dr. Baijal has been conferred the designation of ‘Surgeon of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery by the Surgical review corporation, USA. The MAMBS team at Max Healthcare, Saket is also the Founder of ‘Center of Excellence’ for Bariatric Surgery and Hernia surgery
- Creation of a set of 15 educational teaching CD-ROMs in ‘Minimal Access Surgery- Basic & Advanced Procedures’ released by His Excellency Shri K.R. Narayanan, the Hon. President of India on July 15, 2002
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi. )
- Teaching Faculty – Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE)
- Teaching Faculty – Centre of Excellence (COE)