Profile Snapshot of Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan
- Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan is one of the best Gastroenterologists and Colorectal Surgeons in Chennai, having 21 years of experience in managing disorders that need surgical treatment.
- He is the Clinical Lead and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at the Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai.
- Dr. Munikrishnan specializes in surgical oncology, endoscopy, Gastritis Treatment, etc.
- He was also active in research; one of his research on CT Colonography fetched a grant from Bracco, Milan, Italy.
Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan’s Expertise
Work Experience of Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan
- Working as Clinical Lead and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Director of the Chennai Colorectal Clinic
- Consultant, Colorectal Surgeon at Chennai Colorectal Clinic
Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai in 1994
- FRCS – General Surgery (Colorectal) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 2009
- MRCS (UK) from Royal College of Surgeon Of Edinburgh, UK in 2001
Memberships of Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council, Chennai, India
- General Medical Council, London, UK
- Association of Colo-proctology of Great Britain
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh (FRCS)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan
- 2002: Bagged The Royal Society of Medicine Traveling Fellowship by RSM Section Of Coloproctology at Overseas Meeting, Toulouse, France
- December 2000: Received funding for a research project on CT Colonography by Bracco, Milan, Italy
- December 1993: Distinction in ENT Surgery in the UG Pre-Final University Examinations
Publications of Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan
- The Effect of Patient-Controlled Analgesia on Inpatient Stay following Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; J Montgomery, V. Munikrishnan, S. Sinha, S. Mitchell Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2007; 89: 374-378
- Management of Acute Diverticulitis in the East Anglian Region: Results of a U.K. Regional Survey Helmy A, ElKhider H, Munikrishnan V, Omer AA Dis Colon Rectum. 2006 Sep; 49 (9):1332-40