Profile Snapshot of Dr. Tejinder Kataria
- Dr. Tejinder Kataria is a renowned radiation oncologist in India.
- She holds an experience of about 32 years in the field of radiation oncology.
- She founded the Department of Radiation Oncology at Artemis Health Institute and Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute.
- Her interests lie in stereotactic radiotherapy (SBRT), Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)and 3-D Conformal Radiation (3D CRT), PET-CT, MRI, SPECT, DSA and CT-Simulator fusion for treatment planning.
- Dr. Kataria has been instrumental in commissioning, the latest techniques of stereotactic radiation with micro multi-leaf collimation.
- She is involved in research as well and has more than 12 publications to her credit.
- She has been instrumental in setting up the Division of Radiation Oncology at Medanta Cancer Institute, Gurugram.
Work Experience of Dr. Tejinder Kataria
- Chairperson-Radiation Oncology at Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram since 2009
- Head Radiation Oncology at Artemis Health Institute, Gurugram from 2007 to 2009
- Professor at Indraprastha University in 2007
- Senior Consultant at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute from 1996 to 2007
- Associate Professor at Maulana Azad Medical College from 1994 to 1996
- Assistant Professor at Maulana Azad Medical College from 1992 to 1993
- Assistant Professor at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, from 1991 to 1992
Dr. Tejinder Kataria’s Qualifications
- CCST (Clinical Oncology) from the British Institute of Radiology (UK) in 2005
- DNB (Radiotherapy) from the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) in 1993
- MD (Radiotherapy) from Jawaharlal Nehru Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (India) in 1987
- FIMSA, International Medical Science Academy in 2003
- Commonwealth Scholar British Council from 1994 to 1995
- AROI – Leeds Fellow Association of Radiation Oncology of India in 1993
Memberships of Dr. Tejinder Kataria
- Indian College of Radiation Oncology
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India
- Indian Society of Radiation Biology
- Association of Medical Physicists of India
- American Society of Radiation Oncology
- European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Tejinder Kataria
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World in 2010
- Marquis Who’s Who in Science & Engineering in 2007
- International Health Professional of the Year in 2006
- Best Paper Award, AROI/National Cancer Congress in 2003
- National Excellence Award in 2002
- DGHS Scholarship in 1985
- Himachal State Scholarship in 1978
- National Education Scholarship in 1977