Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sohan Lal Broor
- Dr. Sohan Lal Broor is a Gastroenterologist and has an experience of 54 years in this field. Dr. Broor practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals in New Delhi.
- He completed MBBS from Panjab University in 1967, MD – Medicine from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1972, and DM – Gastroenterology from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1974.
- Dr. Sohan Lal Broor is a member of the 2-Year Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Medical College Of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA.
- Some of the services provided by Dr. Broor are Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS ) Treatment, Peptic/ Gastric Ulcer Treatment, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Treatment, Hemorrhoids Treatment, and Gastritis Treatment.
Dr. Sohan Lal Broor’s Expertise
- Acidity Treatment
- Bladder Cancer Surgery
- Gallbladder (Biliary) Stone Treatment
- Gastritis Treatment
- Gastroenteritis Treatment
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Hemorrhoids Treatment
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Treatment
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS ) Treatment
- Liver Disease Treatment
- Peptic / Gastric Ulcer Treatment
- Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
Work Experience of Dr. Sohan Lal Broor
- Senior Consultant in the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endoscopy at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
- Professor and Head of Department of Gastroenterology at GB Pant Hospital (1985-1997)
- Secretary of Indian Society of Gastroenterology for 6 years (1990-1996)
- President of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (1996-1997)
- Past Chairman of ISG Small Bowel Research Group
- Past Chairman of Education and Training Committee of the Asian Pacific Association of Gastroenterology
Dr. Sohan Lal Broor’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Panjab University in 1967
- MD – Medicine from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1972
- DM – Gastroenterology from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1974
Memberships of Dr. Sohan Lal Broor
- Life member of 2-Year Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Medical College Of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
- Life member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Life member of the Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India
- Life Member of Association of Physicians of India
- Founder Member of Indian Academy of Gastroenterology
- Past Member of American Association of Gastroenterology
- Past Member of American Society for GI Endoscopy
Research & Publications of Dr. Sohan Lal Broor
- Dr. Sohan Lal Broor Has worked in areas of gastric acid secretion, peptic ulcer, and small bowel Physiology.
- Dr. Broor’s work on the Endoscopic Dilatation for Corrosive Esophageal Strictures in adults and children has been cited in textbooks and he is considered one of the pioneers in this field nationally and internationally.
- In fact, endoscopic dilatation is now practiced as the first line of treatment for most patients with corrosive esophageal structures all over the world.
- He has published several papers in journals of national and international repute.