- Dr. Sabyasachi Bal is one of the most experienced Thoracic and Thoracic Oncology surgeons in India
- He specializes in Thoracic Onco surgery and provides treatment for lung cancer, chest cancer and other types of thoracic malignancies.
- He has over 30 years of experience in the field and has reformed thoracic cancer surgery in India. He has also added Robotic Thoracic Surgery to his list of specializations.
- His primary focus lies in the management and treatment of cancers affecting the thoracic regions and organs near the lungs and chest of both adolescents and adults.
- He is an expert in all kinds of diagnostic and therapeutic thoracoscopic procedures and hold credit in making India the leader in the world for the highest number of VATS lung resections.
- Dr. Bal has published numerous papers and articles on Thoracic surgery in world renowned scientific journals.
- He has been invited as a faculty in a large number of conferences and seminars and has received numerous awards and orations as well.
- He holds the membership of several prestigious organizations both in India and abroad.
- Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic Oncology Surgery
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Thoracoscopy
- Robotic Thoracoscopic procedures
- Surgery for Lung cancer, Esophageal cancer and chest cancer
- Lung sparing cancer surgery
- Major airway tumor surgery
- Complex resections for benign and malignant thyroid and parathyroid tumors
- Tracheal resections for cancer and tumor
- Palliative surgery and resection of foregut tumours
- Chest wall resection surgery
- Parenchyma preservation surgery
- Director and Head of Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Surgical Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon since 2009
- Associate Director of Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Surgical Oncology at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj and Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon from 2006 to 2009
- Additional Professor of Thoracic Surgery and Chief of Lung Cancer Clinic at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi from 2001 to 2005
- Associate Professor of Lung Cancer Clinic at AIIMS, New Delhi from 1997 to 2001
- Assistant Professor of Thoracic Surgery at Department of Surgery at AIIMS, New Delhi from 1993 to 1997
- Assistant Professor of Endocrine Surgery at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow from 1988 to 1989
- Senior Registrar and Research Associate of Surgery at AIIMS from 1985 to 1988
- Senior Registrar at South West Regional Thoracic Surgery Centre, UK
- Senior Registrar of Surgical Oncology at Royal Marsden Hospital, UK
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1981
- MS in General Surgery from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1984
- DNB in Thoracic Surgical Oncology from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1987
- Fellow of the Union for International Cancer Control, University of Washington
- Varoon Mahajan Fellowship in Thoracic Surgical Oncology from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Escorts Raj Nanda Pulmonary Fellowship in Advanced Lung Cancer and Lung Volume Reduction from Glenfield Hospital, University of Leicester
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Indian Association of Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeons
- Japan Society of Surgery
- British Surgical Stapling Group
Awards and Recognitions
- Norman Tanner Best Paper Award in 1990
- Japanese Surgical Society Award in 1996 and 1997
- Best Paper Award, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology in 2002 and 2011