- Dr. Ramani Narasimhan is a leading Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon in Delhi and one of the best in India for the treatment of all kinds of pediatric orthopedic disorders.
- He is currently associated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital as a Senior Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedics and is also a part of the Apollo Centre for Advanced Pediatrics.
- He is responsible for the management of orthopedic Traumatic and Non-traumatic disorders in patients below the age of 19.
- He has been practicing pediatric orthopedics for more than 3 decades now and specializes primarily in pediatric hip and spine surgery among other orthopedic procedures that includes deformity correction surgery, joints and bones repair and replacement, surgery for sports injury, fractures and trauma.
- He received the Exemplary Contribution Award in 2008 for his contributions towards Pediatric Orthopedics and has also received numerous accolades in his career.
- He has been part of several conferences, seminars, workshops and CMEs both in the national and international forums. He regularly gets invited as a faculty to deliver lectures on different aspects of pediatric orthopedics all over India. He has delivered talks, presented papers and has also organized and chaired several sessions in these scientific meetings.
- Dr. Narasimhan is actively involved in research activities both individual and in collaboration with pediatric associations. His works on neonatal osteomyelitis, managing idiopathic clubfeet and congenital limb deficiency have been published in renowned national and international journals.
- Management and treatment of pediatric orthopedic diseases and disorders
- Pediatric orthopedic surgery for acute and chronic disorders, fractures, trauma, tumors
- Pediatric bone and joint repair and replacement surgery
- Deformity correction surgeries for knee, hip, foot and ankle deformity
- Upper limb pediatric orthopedic surgery
- Surgery for congenital birth defects, clubfeet, limb deficiency
- Neonatal osteomyelitis
- Senior Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi since 1998
- Senior Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedics at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Medical Officer of Orthopedics at Safdarjung Hospital (Central Institute of Orthopedics), New Delhi
- Medical Officer of Orthopedics at Central Health Service for the Government of India
- Resident of Orthopedics at Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narain Hospital, New Delhi
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MS in Orthopedics from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow
- Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics from Connecticut Children’s Medical Centre, USA
- Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases from Patel Chest Institute, Delhi
- ECFMG Certification in Pediatric Orthopedics from Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- President of Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Association of Spinal Surgeons of India
- Indian Academy of Cerebral Palsy
- Delhi Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian Medical Association (South Delhi Branch)
- MAMCOS Old Students Association
- Associate Life Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Former Secretary of Pediatric Orthopedic Foundation
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the Exemplary Contribution Award for contribution towards Pediatric Orthopedics in India by the Indian Medical Association in 2008