Designation of Dr. Ramani Narasimhan
Dr. Ramani Narasimhan
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
Senior Consultant – Pediatric Orthopedics
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Ramani Narasimhan
- Dr. Ramani Narasimhan is a leading Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon in Delhi and one of the best in India for the treatment of all kinds of pediatric orthopedic disorders.
- He is currently associated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital as a Senior Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedics and is also a part of the Apollo Centre for Advanced Pediatrics.
- Dr. Ramani Narasimhan is responsible for the management of orthopedic Traumatic and Non-traumatic disorders in patients below the age of 19.
- He has been practicing pediatric orthopedics for more than 3 decades now and specializes primarily in pediatric hip and spine surgery among other orthopedic procedures that include deformity correction surgery, joints, and bone repair and replacement, and surgery for sports injuries, fractures, and trauma.
- Dr. Ramani Narasimhan received the Exemplary Contribution Award in 2008 for his contributions towards Pediatric Orthopedics and has also received numerous accolades in his career.
- He has been part of several conferences, seminars, workshops, and CMEs both in the national and international forums. He regularly gets invited as a faculty to deliver lectures on different aspects of pediatric orthopedics all over India. He has delivered talks, presented papers, and has also organized and chaired several sessions in these scientific meetings.
- Dr. Narasimhan is actively involved in research activities both individually and in collaboration with pediatric associations. His works on neonatal osteomyelitis, managing idiopathic clubfeet, and congenital limb deficiency have been published in renowned national and international journals.
Dr. Ramani Narasimhan’s Expertise
- Deformity correction surgeries for knee, hip, foot, and ankle deformity
- Management and treatment of pediatric orthopedic diseases and disorders
- Neonatal osteomyelitis
- Pediatric bone and joint repair and replacement surgery
- Pediatric orthopedic surgery for acute and chronic disorders, fractures, trauma, tumors
- Surgery for congenital birth defects, clubfeet, limb deficiency
- Upper limb pediatric orthopedic surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Ramani Narasimhan
- Senior Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi since 1998
- Senior Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedics at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Medical Officer of Orthopedics at Safdarjung Hospital (Central Institute of Orthopedics), New Delhi
- Medical Officer of Orthopedics at Central Health Service for the Government of India
- Resident of Orthopedics at Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narain Hospital, New Delhi
Dr. Ramani Narasimhan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MS in Orthopedics from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow
- Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics from Connecticut Children’s Medical Centre, USA
- Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases from Patel Chest Institute, Delhi
- ECFMG Certification in Pediatric Orthopedics from Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
Memberships of Dr. Ramani Narasimhan
- President of Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Association of Spinal Surgeons of India
- Indian Academy of Cerebral Palsy
- Delhi Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian Medical Association (South Delhi Branch)
- MAMCOS Old Students Association
- Associate Life Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Former Secretary of Pediatric Orthopedic Foundation
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Narasimhan
- Received the Exemplary Contribution Award for contribution towards Pediatric Orthopedics in India by the Indian Medical Association in 2008