- With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Rajesh Mistry is one of the best surgeons for Thoracic and Head & Neck Surgeries.
- He is an expert in performing all types of head and neck cancer surgeries including the thoracic region and has performed more than 700 thoracic onco-surgeries, 350 minimally invasive surgeries, 350 open surgeries, 200 Lobectonomies, 250 Esophagectomies and more than 40 Robotic surgeries for Head and Neck related cancers.
- His primary area of interest lies in Thoracoscopic surgery and Thoraco-laparoscopic Esophagectomy.
- He received his trainings in Onco Surgery from Tata Memorial Hospital and also served as an Assistant surgeon and Professor for Head and Neck Unit as well as the Thoracic Surgical Oncology Unit.
- He is responsible for the introduction of submandibular salivary gland transfer that helps in preserving the salivary functions of patients who are on Radiation therapy.
- Dr. Mistry has also been a trainer for MCh in Surgical Oncology where he has taught and trained several students.
- He has been invited to deliver lectures and speeches in numerous conferences and has also live demonstration of surgeries in workshops for cancer surgery.
- He has equal interest in research and has several publications and articles to his name in renowned medical journals. He has also co authored several medical text books.
- All types of head and neck onco surgeries
- craniofacial resection, composite resections
- Thoraco-laparoscopic oesophageal resection for cancer
- Parotid, thyroid and parathyroid tumor surgery
- Open and thoracoscopic lung surgery for malignant and benign tumors
- Lobectomy, laryngectomy
- Pleuro-pneumonectomy for malignant mesothelioma
- Endoscopic surgery of tracheal tumors and tracheal resections
- Gastric neoplasm surgery
- Director (Oncology) and Consultant (Surgical Oncology ) Thoracic and Head & Neck Oncology Surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, Presently
- Professor and Chief of Thoracic Oncology Surgical at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2002
- Assistant Surgeon and Professor of Head and Neck Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, 1992
- Resident of General Surgery at KEM Hospital, Mumbai, 1985
- MBBS from Seth G. S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- MS in General Surgery from Seth G. S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Training in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Society of Medical Ethics