Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
- Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is one of India’s top kidney transplant surgeons, who has worked in leading Institutions in North India and has established successful Minimally Invasive Urology programs including Robotic Surgery and Kidney Transplant services with excellent outcomes comparable to the best in the world.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Ahlawat has initiated and established four successful Urology and Renal Transplant programs in India – Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, at Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta- the Medicity, Gurugram. He has spearheaded the busiest Minimally Invasive Urology services in India at of his workplaces.
- An accomplished minimally invasive surgeon, Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat has also been invited as guest faculty for a live demonstration of a variety of laparoscopic and robotic surgeries like Pyeloplasty, Partial Nephrectomy, Radical Prostatectomy, Radical Cystectomy, and Kidney Transplantation surgeries at live surgery workshops held around the world.
- He is also known for pioneering the world’s first Robotic Kidney Transplant (RKT) with the regional Hypothermia technique. This was done in collaboration with Prof. Mani Menon’s team from Vattikuti Urology Institute (VUI) at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, USA. He is also known for his efforts to spread the robotic technique around the world.
- Dr. Ahlawat is also a recipient of the President’s Gold Medal by USI in 2016. He was honored with the title of Honorary Lecturer by the University College London Hospitals (UCLH), UK in 1995 during his stint at the Institute of Urology and Nephrology. Dr. Ahlawat has also served on the Board of Directors of the Endourology Society.
Work Experience of Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
- Group Chairman – Urology and Andrology, Kidney and Urology Institute at Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram
- Chairman, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Resident, King George Medical College, Lucknow
- Professor, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow
- Honorary Lecturer at University College London Hospital
Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat’s Qualifications
- MBBS from KGMC, Lucknow in 1978
- MS (General Surgery) from KGMC, Lucknow
- MNAMS – DNB Board, New Delhi
- MCh – Urology, New Delhi
Memberships of Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
- Urological Society of India (USI)
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- EndoUrology Society
- Society Internationale de Urology
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
- Kalyan Pharmacy Gold Medal, 1972
- Certificate of Honour (Obst. & Gyn.), 1976
- Kashi Ram Dhawan Gold Medal, 1980
- P. N. Berry Scholarship, 1994
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (First Prize), 2003
- Best Poster Award, 2004
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (First Prize), 2005
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (second prize), 2005
- Chandigarh Best Video (First Prize), 2006
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (first prize), 2008
- Agra Urological Club Best Video (first prize), 2011
- Chandigarh Best Video (First Prize), 2011