Profile Snapshot of Dr. Piramanayagam P
- Dr. Piramanayagam P is one of the young Gastroenterologists in India, having an experience of 15 years in the field.
- He is a GI doctor at the Apollo Hospital in Greams Road, Chennai.
- The doctor offer services like Gall Bladder (Biliary) Stone treatment, IBS treatment, Acidity Treatment, Endoscopy, and stomach and intestine dysfunction.
- He published many review articles and books under his name.
- Dr. Piramanayagam is a member of the Asian EUS Group, promoting EUS training in the Asia-Pacific region.
Work Experience of Dr. Piramanayagam P
- Total 15 years of experience
- Practicing as a Consultant – Gastroenterologist at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
Dr. P Piramanayagam’s Qualifications
- MBBS from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University in 2002
- MD (General Medicine) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2005
- DM (Gastro) from Madras University, Chennai in 2009
Memberships of Dr. Piramanayagam P
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Asian EUS Group
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Piramanayagam P
- Second prize for poster on Tolerability, safety, and efficacy of combination treatment with interferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C in special situations-post renal transplant and hematological disorders in the poster plenary session at 16th Annual conference of INASL, March 2008, Delhi
- ISG Systopic award for the poster on Retreatment of HCV relapsers and non-responders on interferon treatment at 49th Annual conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology, September 2008
Publications of Dr. Piramanayagam P
- Piramanayagam P Barrett’s esophagus Chapter in Apollo Surgical Course 2012
- Choudhuri G, Piramanayagam P. An approach to Hepatitis. Chapter in ECAB Clinical Update: Gastroenterology/Hepatology (2008); Elsevier Publication. Page 3-13
- Transfusion for acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding Piramanayagam Paramasivan, Seshadri P Venkatesh, Viral Vyas N Engl J Med. 2013; 368(14):1361-2