Designation of Dr. Kunal Patel
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Kunal Patel
- Dr. Kunal Patel consults on Orthopedics related problems at the Apollo hospitals of Chennai.
- He has also worked as an Associate professor, Consultant, and Fellow at his earlier workplaces in 12 years of his overall experience.
- He treats fractures, joint problems, shoulder problems, hip-related issues, and other relevant issues.
- He was part of the team which set Limca’s World record of Highest Joint Replacement Surgeries in March 2015.
- Dr. Kunal Patel is well-trained in Asia’s first and only Brainlab Arthroplasty Computer Navigation Orthopedic suite and has completed several fellowships related to his field.
- He holds a good number of memberships in certain associations as well.
Dr. Kunal Patel’s Expertise
- BHR with stem
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing BHR
- Complex trauma
- Fracture Treatment
- Hip replacement
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Patello Femoral replacement
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) reconstruction
- Sports injury
Work Experience of Dr. Kunal Patel
- Presently working as an Orthopedician at Apollo Hospital, Chennai since 2016
- Associate professor at Ramachandra Medical Center of Chennai
- Consultant at Punit Orthopedic Hospital of Mumbai
- A fellow with Dr. HP Bhalodia for Joint Replacement
Dr. Kunal Patel’s Qualifications
- MBBS in the year 2009 from Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune University
- MS from Sumandeep Vidyapith University of Vadodara in 2013
- Completed Fellowship in Joint Replacement (FIJR), Netherlands
- Completed Fellowship in Revision Arthroplasty, Germany
- Completed fellowship in Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy, HSS-USA
Memberships of Dr. Kunal Patel
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Tamil Nadu Orthopedic Association
- Indian Society of Hip and knee Surgeons’
- IMUKA Netherlands
- American Academy of Orthopedic surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee surgeons
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Kunal Patel
- Winner of Best Paper Award in Tibilisation of the Fibula
- Award for Best Poster in 34th SICOT
Publications of Dr. Kunal Patel
Published paper – Hamstring transfer for quadriceps paralysis in post-polio residual paralysis (Ind. J . Of Ortho, the Year 2012, Volume 46, Issue 5)