Profile Snapshot of Dr. K K Saxena
- Dr. K K Saxena is one of the top cardiologists in India, having nearly 36 years of experience in this field.
- He is a senior consultant for interventional cardiology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Saxena diagnoses and treats cardiovascular problems in kids and adults. He is specialized in balloon dilation of the mitral and pulmonary valves, the renal and peripheral arteries, and aortic coarctation.
- Dr. Saxena and his team performed several cardiac catheterizations and pacemaker implantations.
- Prior to joining Apollo hospital, Dr. K K Saxena worked at many national and international hospitals.
- He also completed research in interventional cardiology at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia.
Dr. K K Saxena’s Expertise
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Angina Pectoris
- Artificial Heart Valve Surgery
- Balloon Dilation of Mitral Valve and Pulmonary Valve
- Balloon septostomy
- Biventricular Pacing
- Bypass Surgery
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Fetal Echocardiogram
- Heart Transplant
- Pacemaker Implant – Single Chamber
- PTCA-Percutaneous Transluminal
- PTMC – Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Stent Placement
Work Experience of Dr. K K Saxena
- Senior Consultant in the Department of Cardiology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Worked at National Heart Institute, New Delhi as Senior Consultant – Interventional Cardiologist
- Worked as Fellow – Interventional Cardiology at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia
- Worked as a Lecturer – Cardiology at the Christian Medical College, Vellore
Dr. K K Saxena’s Qualifications
- MD – Medicine
- DM – Cardiology
Research done by Dr. K K Saxena
- Thesis on serum potassium in cardiac arrhythmias complicating acute myocardial infarction
Publications of Dr. K K Saxena
- Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve: Diagnostic features and management ~ Indian Heart Journal. 1991; 43:449
- Isolated aortic arch interruption in adult female patients ~ Indian Heart Journal. 1992; 44:119
- Sizing of balloons in percutaneous mitral balloon valvotomy ~ Indian Heart Journal 1991; 43:249