- Dr. J V S Vidya Sagar is a renowned Orthopedic Surgeon and one of the most experienced surgeons for Arthroscopy in India.
- His expertise lies in Arthroscopy, joint replacement surgery, orthopedic oncology, congenital orthopedic disorders and sports medicine.
- He has been performing Arthroscopic and Joint Replacement surgeries for over 30 years during which he has performed 31,500 Arthroscopies, 13,400 joint replacement surgeries, 27, 600 knee joint surgeries, 20,800 surgeries for ligament reconstruction and over 38,600 surgeries for cerebral palsy and polio.
- He is among the few orthopedic surgeons in India to use minimally invasive procedures and is a master in the field of birth deformity correction surgeries.
- Dr. Vidya Sagar is highly acclaimed for the cost effective procedures he uses to provide the best possible treatment for his patients.
- He holds a DSc degree in Arthroscopic Ligament Surgery and is also a PhD guide for various national and international universities.
- He is a highly reputed member of renowned medical associations and has been honored and awarded at several occasions for his contributions towards orthopedic surgery in India.
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Joint replacement surgeries for knee, elbow, hip, shoulder and spine
- Complex Arthroscopic Ligament Reconstructions
- Sports medicine
- Knee cartilage surgery and high flexion surgery for knee joints
- Arthroscopic Meniscorrhaphy
- Arthroscopic repair of injuries for athletes and other sportspersons
- Minimally Invasive Orthopedic surgery
- Orthopedic Oncology Surgery
- Primary and revised total knee surgery
- Primary and revised total hip surgery
- Total elbow replacement surgery
- Birth deformities correction surgery
- Adult reconstructive surgery
- Surgery for fractures and trauma
- HOD and Chief Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery (Arthroscopy and Joint Replacement) at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Hyderabad, presently
- Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery at Omni Hospital, Kothapet, Hyderabad
- Head and Senior Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery at Kamineni Hospitals Ltd, Hyderabad from 1993 to 2008
- Consultant of Orthopedics at Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad from 1986 to 1993
- Registrar of Orthopedics at Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry from 1984 to 1986
- MBBS from Sri Venkateshwara Medical College, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, 1979
- MS in Orthopedics from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1983
- Doctorate of Science (DSc) in Arthroscopic Ligament Surgery from Colombo University, Sri Lanka, 1999
- Training in Arthroscopy from Midland Memorial Hospital, Texas, USA
- Training in Arthroscopy from Denver University Medical Centre, USA
- Training in Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery from St. Vincent’s Hospital, Staten Island, New York
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Indian Society of Arthroscopic Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Indian Society of Spine Surgeons
- Indian Rheumatism Association
- Indian Foot Society
- Indian Shoulder Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Asia Pacific Orthopedic societies
- Indo German Orthopedic Foundation
- Orthopedic Association of South Indian States
- Association of Orthopedic Surgeons of Andhra Pradesh
Awards and Recognitions
- Vyaghreswarudu Gold Medal for the Best Research Paper
- Best National Research Paper Award by Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Best International Research Paper Award by International Arthroscopy Congress