Designation of Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora
Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora
Liver Transplant Surgeon & HPB Surgeon
Director – Department of Liver Transplantation and HPB Surgery
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora
- Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora is a liver transplant surgeon, who is known for being the founder member of the Liver Transplant Society of India. He is the first doctor to transplant a liver in Rajasthan. He is also known for carrying out the first deceased donor and the first living donor liver transplants in Rajasthan and has also been instrumental in starting a liver transplant program in the region.
- He is currently the joint director of Liver Transplantation and senior consultant of Gastrointestinal Surgery at Artemis Hospital. Known to be one of the most enthusiastic members of the core surgical team, he also plays an important role in donor evaluation before a liver transplant.
- Dr. Bora graduated from JLN Medical College, Ajmer. He trained in General Surgery at the same institute before he joined as Senior Resident in GI Surgery at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He also joined the MCh super specialty program in GI Surgery at the GB Pant Hospital in Delhi, where he trained for three years. After he completed his training, he worked as a Consultant GI Surgeon in Jaipur. Later, he decided to move his career towards Liver Transplantation.
- Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora has a number of publications in the field of Liver Transplantation/ GI Surgery along with numerous presentations at national and international conferences including the prestigious ILTS International Liver Transplant conferences in San Francisco in 2012 and at Sydney in 2013.
Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora’s Expertise
- Liver Transplant for liver cancers
- Advanced laparoscopic operations in gastrointestinal surgery
- ABO-incompatible liver transplants
- Safe donor surgery in liver transplantation
- Portal vein reconstruction in Whipple’s operation for pancreatic cancers
- Liver resection for cholangiocarcinoma
- Shunt surgery for portal hypertension
- Ultra-Low Anterior Resection ( LAR ) for rectal cancers
Work Experience of Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora
- Chief – Liver Transplant & Sr. Consultant – GI & HPB Surgery at Artemis Hospitals since 2015
- Chief, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, 2016
- Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2015
- Consultant at CLBS, 2013
- Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi, 2011
- Senior Resident at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Senior Resident at G B Pant Hospital, Delhi, 2009
Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora’s Qualifications
- MBBS from JLN Medical College, Ajmer
- MS from JLN Medical College, Ajmer
- Senior Resident, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology from SGPGI, Lucknow
- MCh in Surgical Gastroenterology from Gobind Ballabh Pant Hospital, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Liver Transplantation from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
Memberships of Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora
- Delhi Medical Council
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora
- Felicitation by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state
- Young Investigator Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2013 at Sydney
- Travel Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2012 at San Francisco, USA