- Dr. Giriraj Singh Bora is a liver transplant surgeon, who is known for being founder member of the Liver Transplant Society of India. He is the first doctor to transplant a liver in Rajasthan. He is also known for carrying out the first deceased donor and the first living donor liver transplants in Rajasthan and has also been instrumental in starting a liver transplant program in the region.
- He is currently the joint director of Liver Transplantation and senior consultant of Gastrointestinal Surgery at Artemis Hospital. Known to be one of the most enthusiastic members of the core surgical team, he also plays an important role in donor evaluation before a liver transplant.
- Dr Bora graduated from JLN Medical College, Ajmer. He trained in General Surgery at the same institute before he joined as Senior Resident in GI Surgery at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences.
- He also joined the MCh superspecialty program in GI Surgery at the GB Pant Hospital in Delhi, where he trained for three years. After he completed his training, he worked as Consultant GI Surgeon in Jaipur. Later, he decided to move his career towards Liver Transplantation.
- Dr Bora has a number of publications in the field of Liver Transplantation/ GI Surgery along with numerous presentations at national and international conferences which includes the prestigious ILTS International Liver Transplant conferences in San Francisco in 2012 and at Sydney in 2013.
- Safe donor surgery in liver transplantation
- Liver Transplant for liver cancers
- Portal vein reconstruction in Whipple’s operation for pancreatic cancers
- Ultra Low Anterior Resection ( LAR ) for rectal cancers
- Liver resection for cholangiocarcinoma
- Shunt surgery for portal hypertension
- Advanced laparoscopic operations in gastrointestinal surgery
- ABO incompatible liver transplants
- Joint Chief- Liver Transplant & Sr. Consultant – GI & HPB Surgery, 2016
- Chief, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, 2016
- Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2015
- Consultant, CLBS, 2013
- Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi, 2011
- Senior Resident, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Senior Resident, G B Pant Hospital, Delhi, 2009
- MBBS- JLN Medical College, Ajmer
- MS- JLN Medical College, Ajmer
- Senior Resident, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, SGPGI, Lucknow
- MCh in Surgical Gastroenterology- Gobind Ballabh Pant Hospital, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Liver Transplantation- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- Delhi Medical Council