Profile Snapshot of Dr. D Shantharam
- Dr. Shantharam D is a renowned Endocrinologist & General Physician in Tamil Nadu, having 38 years of experience.
- He is currently working as a Senior Consultant – Diabetologist at Apollo Hospital in Greams Lane Chennai.
- The doctor has received many awards for teaching and service in the field. Dr. Shantharam keeps himself updated by attending workshops and conferences organized internationally or nationally.
- He is a socially responsible individual who often organizes Diabetes Camps and awareness programs.
- Patients seek his services like Asthma Fever Treatment, Hypertension Treatment, General Illness Diabetes Treatment, Insulin Treatment, and COPD. Patients can also get Diabetes Diet Counseling from him.
- He is a faculty member for the PHFI’s certificate course in Evidence-Based Diabetes Management and the TN Government’s certificate course in Diabetes for practicing physicians, particularly those from rural Tamil Nadu.
Work Experience of Dr. D Shantharam
- 38 years of experience
- Senior Consultant – General Physician & Diabetologist at Apollo Hospital, Chennai from 2011
Dr. D Shantharam’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Madras Medical College, Chennai in 1984
- MD (General Medicine) from Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai in 1994
- Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD) from Madras Medical College, Chennai in 1989
Memberships of Dr. D Shantharam
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. D Shantharam
- Served as 8th VC of TN Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Joint Secretary at the Southern Chapter of the Diabetes Association of India
- Presented Best Teacher Award by Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University
- Presented Best Doctor Award- 2011 by the Government General Hospital & MMC, Chennai