- Avnish Seth is a well renowned name in the field of gastroenterology, not only in Delhi region, hut throughout India.
- Seth, MD, DM (Gastroenterology) is the Director of Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Sciences and the Director of Fortis Organ Retrieval Transplant (FORT).
- An Alumnus of Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. Dr. Seth completed his MD (Medicine) from Pune University and DM (Gastroenterology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- He was earlier the Head of Department, Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences, at the Army Hospital (Research Referral), New Delhi, where he established a successful liver transplant program and was awarded Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India on 26th January 2009.
- With fellowships in Liver transplant (Birmingham, UK) and Endoscopic ultrasound (South Carolina Alabama, USA), his areas of interest include treatment of hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, liver transplantation and advance GI endoscopic procedures.
- Avnish Seth has over two decades of experience in Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Sciences. An expert in Diagnostic Therapeutic GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP and Liver Transplantation.
- Stool transplant (Fecal Microbiota Transplant)
- Liver transplant
- Peptic ulcer and Helicobacter pylori
- Advance GI endoscopy
- Treatment of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Deceased organ donation
- Avnish Seth is Director, Gastroenterology & Hepatobiliary Sciences
- Director, Transplant Hepatology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
- He is also Director for all Fortis hospitals in the country for Organ Retrieval and Transplant (Fortis Organ Retrieval & Transplant).
- 2009-2011: Senior Consultant & Head, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, BLK Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi
- 2004-2009: Professor & Head, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi.
- 1992-2004: Medical Specialist / Gastroenterologist, Army Medical Corps
- 1990-1992: Clinical Tutor in Internal Medicine, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- 1981-1990: Internship, Medical Officer, Post Graduation.
- DM (Gastroenterology), PGIMER Chandigarh
- MD (Medicine), Pune
- MBBS (Pune)
- Fellowship in Hepatology & Liver Transplantation, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
- Fellowship in Endoscopic Ultrasound, University of Alabama and Medical University of South Carolina, USA, 2011
- Governing council member, Society of GI Endoscopy of India (SGEI).
- Member, Apex Technical Committee, National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO), New Delhi
- Member, Advisory Board, Multi Organ Harvesting Aid Network (MOHAN) Foundation.
- Member of Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Committee on formulating National Guidelines for liver transplantation (Letter no. 4-197/06-07/R&H/CGHS dated 03 October 2007)
- Leader, Working Group on Organ Transplant, Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH)
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG); Governing Council Member 2004-5
- Indian National Society for Study of Liver (INASL)
- Society of GI Endoscopy of India (SGEI); Governing Council Member 2006-8
- American Association for Study of Liver Disease (AASLD)
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- International Society for Organ Donation and Procurement (ISODP)
- The Transplantation Society (TTS)
Dr. Avnish Seth has over 100 papers and publications to his credit, which have been published in various national and international journals.