Profile Snapshot of Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth
- Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth is a well-renowned name in the field of gastroenterology, not only in the Delhi region but throughout India.
- An Alumnus of Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. Dr. Seth completed his MD (Medicine) from Pune University and DM (Gastroenterology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- He was earlier the Head of Department, Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences, at the Army Hospital (Research Referral), New Delhi, where he established a successful liver transplant program and was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India on 26th January 2009.
- With fellowships in Liver transplant (Birmingham, UK) and Endoscopic ultrasound (South Carolina Alabama, USA), Dr. Avnish Seth’s areas of interest include treatment of hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, liver transplantation, and advanced GI endoscopic procedures.
- Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth has over two decades of experience in Gastroenterology Hepatobiliary Sciences. An expert in Diagnostic Therapeutic GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP, and Liver Transplantation.
Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth’s Expertise
Work Experience of Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth
- Presently, Head of Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi
- Principal Director – Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram from 2012 to 2021
- Director for all Fortis hospitals in the country for Organ Retrieval and Transplant (Fortis Organ Retrieval & Transplant)
- Senior Consultant & Head, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, BLK Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi from 2009 to 2011
- Professor & Head, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi from 2004 to 2009
- Medical Specialist / Gastroenterologist, Army Medical Corps from 1992 to 2004
- Clinical Tutor in Internal Medicine, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune from 1990 to 1992
- Internship, Medical Officer, Post Graduation from 1981 to 1990
Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth’s Qualifications
- DM (Gastroenterology) from PGIMER Chandigarh
- MD (Medicine), Pune
- MBBS (Pune)
- Fellowship in Hepatology & Liver Transplantation from Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
- Fellowship in Endoscopic Ultrasound, University of Alabama and Medical University of South Carolina, USA in 2011
Memberships of Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth
- Governing council member, Society of GI Endoscopy of India (SGEI).
- Member, Apex Technical Committee, National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO), New Delhi
- Member, Advisory Board, Multi-Organ Harvesting Aid Network (MOHAN) Foundation.
- Member of Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Committee on formulating National Guidelines for liver transplantation (Letter no. 4-197/06-07/R&H/CGHS dated 03 October 2007)
- Leader, Working Group on Organ Transplant, Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH)
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG); Governing Council Member 2004-5
- Indian National Society for Study of Liver (INASL)
- Society of GI Endoscopy of India (SGEI); Governing Council Member 2006-8
- American Association for Study of Liver Disease (AASLD)
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- International Society for Organ Donation and Procurement (ISODP)
- The Transplantation Society (TTS)
Publications of Dr. Avnish Kumar Seth
- Dr. Avnish Seth has over 100 papers and publications to his credit, which have been published in various national and international journals.