Designation of Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
Medical Oncologist, Hemato-Oncologist
Chairman – Medical and Hemato-Oncology, Cancer Institute
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid is a reputed Medical Oncologist in India with expertise in the treatment of blood, lungs, skin, breast, and gastrointestinal cancers.
- He is famously known for performing among the first 25 bone marrow transplants in a private hospital in India.
- Dr. Ashok Vaid’s primary area of focus lies in Leukemia, Lymphoma, Solid tumors, and the treatment of organ-specific benign and malignant tumors.
- He prefers to treat his patients using non-surgical and pain-free techniques that include hormone therapy, biological therapy, targeted therapy, and chemotherapy.
- Dr. Vaid is counted among the top Medical Oncologists in the country which is evidenced by his 30+ years of experience in the field. He is also among the few Oncologists in India specializing in both adult and pediatric care.
- He has been associated with some of the best hospitals for the treatment of cancer in the country including Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, and Artemis Health Institute.
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid has a number of papers and clinical research to his credit that has been published in prestigious national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Vaid is a member of several medical associations and actively organizes and participates in seminars and workshops for cancer awareness on a regular basis. His work has been highly recognized both in India and other countries of the world.
- For his contribution to medicine in India, he won the fourth highest civilian award, the Padma Shri in the year 2009.
Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid’s Expertise
- Biological Therapy
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hormone Therapy
- Inherited cancers treatment
- Lymphoma and other blood disorders treatment
- Organ-specific cancers- breast, brain, lungs, thyroid
- Stem Cell Transplant
Work Experience of Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
- Chairman, the Cancer Institute (Medical and Hemato Oncology) at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram since 2009
- Head of Department of Medical Oncology at Artemis Health Institute, Gurugram from 2007 to 2009
- Senior Consultant of Medical Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi in 1997
- Consultant Oncologist and Faculty of Internal Medicine at Government Medical College, Jammu in 1994
- Senior Resident of Medical Oncology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1990
Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Government Medical College Jammu in 1984
- MD in General Medicine from Government Medical College, Jammu in 1989
- DM in Medical Oncology from Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai in 1993
Memberships of Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
- Breast Cancer Foundation of India
- Indian Association of Gynae Oncologists
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Association of Clinical Medicine
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Association of Physicians of India
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- European Society for Medical Oncology
- European Hematology Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
- Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009
- Chikitsa Shiromani in 2007
- Founder member of the Indian Cooperative Oncology Network
- Consultant Editor of JK Science
- Member of the Editorial Board of Current Trends in Asian Oncology