- Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid is a reputed Medical Oncologist in India with an expertise in the treatment of blood, lungs, skin, breast and gastro intestinal cancers.
- He is famously known for performing among the first 25 bone marrow transplants in a private hospital in India.
- His primary area of focus lies in Leukemia, Lymphoma, Solid tumors and the treatment of organ- specific benign and malignant tumors.
- He prefers to treat his patients using non-surgical and pain free techniques that includes hormone therapy, biological therapy, targeted therapy and chemotherapy.
- Dr. Vaid is counted amongst the top Medical Oncologists of the country which is evident with his 30+ years of experience in the field. He is also among the few Oncologists in India specializing in both adult and pediatric care.
- He has been associated with some of the best hospitals for treatment of cancer in the country that includes Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences and Artemis Health Institute.
- He has a number of papers and clinical research to his credit that has been published in prestigious national and international medical journals.
- He is a member of several medical associations and actively organizes and participates on seminars and workshops for cancer awareness on a regular basis. His work has been highly recognized both in India and other countries of the world.
- For his contribution towards medicine in India, he won the fourth highest civilian award, the Padma Shri in the year 2009.
- Chairman, the Cancer Institute (Medical and Hemato Oncology), Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon since 2009
- Head of Department of Medical Oncology at Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon from 2007 to 2009
- Senior Consultant of Medical Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, 1997
- Consultant Oncologist and Faculty of Internal Medicine at Government Medical College, Jammu, 1994
- Senior Resident of Medical Oncology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1990
- MBBS from Government Medical College Jammu, 1984
- MD in General Medicine from Government Medical College, Jammu, 1989
- DM in Medical Oncology from Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, 1993
- Breast Cancer Foundation of India
- Indian Association of Gynae Oncologists
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Association of Clinical Medicine
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Association of Physicians of India
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- European Society for Medical Oncology
- European Hematology Association
Awards, Accomplishments and Recognitions
- Padma Shri by the Government of India, 2009
- Chikitsa Shiromani, 2007
- Founder member of the Indian Cooperative Oncology Network
- Consultant Editor of JK Science
- Member of the Editorial Board of Current Trends in Asian Oncology