Profile Snapshot of Dr. Anant Kumar
- Dr. Anant Kumar is one of the finest urology and kidney transplant doctors in India with over 35 years of experience, currently functioning as the Chairman of Uro-Oncology, Robotic & Kidney Transplantation at the Max Hospital at Saket, New Delhi.
- Dr. Kumar specializes in Kidney Transplantation, Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Urology, Renovascular Hypertension, Laparoscopic Urology, Urological Oncology, Laser Urological Surgery, and Reconstructive Urology.
- He has performed over 3500 kidney transplants and over 2000 lap donors nephrectomy procedures over the span of 3 decades.
Dr. Anant Kumar’s Expertise
- Bladder augmentation
- Flexible ureteroscopy
- HOLEP by Lumenis machine
- Kidney Transplantation and Renovascular Hypertension
- Laser Prostate Surgery
- Optical urethrotomy
- Partial Nephrectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy,
- Reconstructive urology of kidney, bladder & urethra
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Urology
- Stricture Urethra
- Thulium, green light and Holmium laser.
- Ureteric re-implantation
- Urethral Stricture
- Uro – Oncology
Work Experience of Dr. Anant Kumar
- Professor and Head, Department of Urology & Renal Transplantation at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Director , Department of Urology, Robotic and Kidney Transplantation at Fortis Group of Hospitals, Delhi and NCR
- Senior Consultant, Urology and Transplantation at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant Urologist at Addenbrooke’s NHS foundation, Cambridge, UK
Dr. Anant Kumar’s Qualifications
- MBBS from King George Medical University, Lucknow, India
- MS (General Surgery) from PGIMER, Chandigarh India
- MCh(Urology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
- DNB (Urology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
Memberships of Dr. Anant Kumar
- Ex-Council Member of Urological Society of India.
- Ex-Coordinator of Education Cell of Urological Society of India.
- Council member of Asian Society of Transplantation
- Past secretary of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Council member of Indian Science congress
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Anant Kumar
- Hewett Gold Medal
- L. Gold Medal for the first position in Surgery
- Selby Gold Medal for the first position in Clinical Surgery
- Silver Medal for the first Position in MS Gen. Surgery