Designation of Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar
- Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar is a leading Spine Surgeon in Mumbai specializing in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries (MISS)
- He is among the very few spinal surgeons in India with exceptional skills and expertise in MISS and has performed the largest series of 1500 MISS in Mumbai.
- He has an experience of more than 2 decades in spine surgery and holds the credit of performing over 4000 spinal surgeries to date.
- Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar is the first spine surgeon in Maharashtra to introduce multi-level spine fixation surgery with the use of a minimally invasive method and has performed more than 200 surgeries with the technique. He is the first in India to use the MISS technique on a patient with liver failure and Tuberculosis.
- Dr. Peshattiwar performs most of his spinal surgeries through the minimally invasive method and has performed the largest number of listhesis surgery and the largest series of spinal surgery in kidney failure patients in Mumbai.
- Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar has performed several complex and high-risk spinal surgeries with excellent results. His most notable case till date was performing a Revision Spine Surgery through MISS on the oldest patient in India.
- He is regularly invited to attend conferences, seminars, and workshops and has given numerous presentations both in national and international symposiums.
Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar’s Expertise
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- High-Grade Spine Slip surgery
- Intradural and extradural tumor removal surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Multi-level degenerative spine surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal deformity correction surgery
- Spine fixation surgery
- Surgery for spine injuries, fractures, and trauma
Work Experience of Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar
- Head of Spine Surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai since 2017
- Head and Chief Consultant of Spine Surgery at Global Hospital, Mumbai from 2015 to 2017
- Consultant of Spine Surgery at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai from 2012 to 2015
- Senior Consultant of Spine Surgery at Sir H N Hospital and Research Centre from 2003 to 2012
- Consultant of Spine Surgery at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Spine Surgery at Holy Spirit Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Seth G S Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in 1995
- MS in Orthopedics from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai in 1999
- Fellowship in Advanced Spine Surgery from National University Hospital, Singapore in 2008
- Training in Spine Surgery from Clinique du Parc, CHU Lapeyronie and Centre Hospitalier Gap, France
- Training in Spine Surgery from Christian Albert University, Germany
- Training in Spine Surgery from University Hospital, Netherlands