- Dr. Vishal Peshattiwar is a leading Spine Surgeon in Mumbai specializing in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries (MISS)
- He is among the very few spinal surgeons in India with exceptional skills and expertise in MISS and has performed the largest series of 1500 MISS in Mumbai.
- He has an experience of more than 2 decades in spine surgery and holds the credit of performing over 4000 spinal surgeries till date.
- He is the first spine surgeon in Maharashtra to introduce multi level spine fixation surgery with the using of minimally invasive method and has performed more than 200 surgeries with the technique. He is the first in India to use the MISS technique on a patient with liver failure and Tuberculosis.
- Dr. Peshattiwar performs most of his spinal surgeries through the minimally invasive method and has performed the largest number of listhesis surgery and the largest series of spinal surgery in kidney failure patients in Mumbai.
- He has performed several complex and high risk spinal surgeries with excellent results. His most notable case till date was performing a Revision Spine Surgery through MISS on the oldest patient in India.
- He is regularly invited to attended conferences, seminars and workshops and has given numerous presentations both in the national and international symposiums.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Spinal deformity correction surgery
- Multi level degenerative spine surgery
- Intradural and extradural tumor removal surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- High Grade Spine Slip surgery
- Spine fixation surgery
- Surgery for spine injuries, fractures and trauma
- Head of Spine Surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai since 2017
- Head and Chief Consultant of Spine Surgery at Global Hospital, Mumbai from 2015 to 2017
- Consultant of Spine Surgery at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai from 2012 to 2015
- Senior Consultant of Spine Surgery at Sir H N Hospital and Research Centre from 2003 to 2012
- Consultant of Spine Surgery at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Spine Surgery at Holy Spirit Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS from Seth G S Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 1995
- MS in Orthopedics from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai, 1999
- Fellowship in Advanced Spine Surgery from National University Hospital, Singapore, 2008
- Training in Spine Surgery from Clinique du Parc, CHU Lapeyronie and Centre Hospitalier Gap, France
- Training in Spine Surgery from Christian Albert University, Germany
- Training in Spine Surgery from University Hospital, Netherlands