Designation of Dr. Vijay Kohli
Dr. Vijay Kohli
Cardiovascular Surgeon, Cardiac Surgeon
Vice Chairman – Cardiac Surgery, Heart Institute
Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Vijay Kohli
- Dr. Vijay Kohli is one of the best cardiac surgeons in India. He has brought an evolution in the spectra of Cardiac Surgery, wherein, he was the first leading surgeon to perform CABG on a beating heart in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Dr. Vijay Kohli performed the first coronary artery bypass surgery at Jammu Medical College in 2001.
- He has worked with famous doctors all over the world, and his experiences brought a load of his expertise.
- Dr. Vijay Kohli has published over 150 research papers, that have acclaimed the excellence of experts across the globe.
Dr. Vijay Kohli’s Expertise
Dr. Vijay Kohli is an expert cardiac surgeon in Gurgaon. Precisely, his fields of expertise are-
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Heart Transplantation
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Reduction Ventriculoplasty
Work Experience of Dr. Vijay Kohli
Dr. Vijay Kohli has started working as a doctor from the year 1990. His detailed experience is listed below-
- Attending Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Escort Heart Institute and Research Center, New Delhi (1990- 1992)
- Senior Specialist of Cardiovascular Surgery at King Fahad Hospital, Albaha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (1992- 1993)
- Senior Research Associate of Cardiovascular Surgery at St Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospital Medical Center, New York, USA (1993 – 1995)
- Director of Cardiovascular Surgery at Escort Heart Institute and Research Center, Delhi (1995 – 2007)
- Senior Consultant of Cardiovascular Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi (2007 – 2009)
- Senior Director of Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram Heart Institute (2009- till date)
Dr. Vijay Kohli’s Qualifications
When it comes to qualifications, Dr. Vijay Kohli is the king of the medical science kingdom. The qualifying certificates that are being focused on are-
- He completed his MBBS, from Government Medical College and Associated Hospital in Jammu and Kashmir, India in the year 1980.
- Then he pursued MS and received the degree in the year 1985, from Government Medical College and Associated Hospital in Jammu and Kashmir.
- He further continued his studies at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India, and received the MCh degree in the year 1990.
- He completed his fellowship at St. Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospital Medical Centre in New York in 1995.
- He achieved his FIACS degree from the Fellow of the Indian Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons in 2003.
Memberships of Dr. Vijay Kohli
Dr. Vijay Kohli is an eminent cardiac surgeon. He is a member of many national and international institutions of cardiac surgery. Some of the prominent membership institutions of Dr. Vijay Kohli are-
- International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- American Association of Thoracic Surgeons
- American Heart Association
- Asian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Cardiological Society of India
- IACTS (Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons)
- Vascular Society of India
- EP Society of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Vijay Kohli
- Dr. Vijay Kohli received the distinguished Services Award for starting the cardiac surgery program at Jammu Medical Collegeital in the year 2001.
- The next award on his shelf was in 2001 only when he was facilitated with a Gold medal for best scientific publications by the Cardiologist Society of India.
- He won the most prominent Achievement award in the year 2002 for starting the cardiac surgery program in Norvic Hospital.
- In the later part of 2002, he received the Distinguished Service Award in Cardiac Surgery from the Government of India.
Publications of Dr. Vijay Kohli
- Dr. Vijay Kohli has published books, research papers, and journals. In his tenure of being a doctor, he has published more than a dozen publications and about hundred research papers under his name. These publications echo his quality as a cardiac surgeon.