Designation of Dr. V Sripathi
Dr. V Sripathi
Pediatric Urologist, Robotic Surgeon
Apollo Children Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. V Sripathi
- Dr. Sripathi is a renowned surgeon with 25 years of experience in the field of Pediatric Urology.
- He graduated from Stanley Medical College and trained in Children’s Surgery at the Christian Medical College Vellore.
- He subsequently qualified for the award of the “Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons” (FRACS) after working in Perth and Melbourne, Australia. He completed his Pediatric Urology training with a brief stint at the King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center in Riyadh, specializing in advanced Reconstructive Urology.
- Dr. Sripathi is acknowledged as one of the foremost practitioners of urology in children. His unit at Apollo Children’s Hospital is a quaternary referral center, which drains almost all areas of the country especially the North East. Overseas referrals for treatment are obtained from Bangladesh, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and many African countries including Nigeria, Tanzania, and Somalia.
Dr. V Sripathi’s Expertise
- Biofeedback therapy including TENS, PTNS
- Disorders of Sex Development (DSD)
- Multidisciplinary management of children with Chronic Renal Failure (CRF) and pre-transplant work up
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Obstructions at various levels of the urinary tract [Pelviureteric junction
- Obstruction(PUJO), Vesicoureteric Junction obstruction, Posterior urethral valves (PUV), ureteroceles, etc]
- Recurrent urinary infection, dysfunctional voiding, and bedwetting
- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery In Children – Dr. Sripathi is a pioneer in this field and has one of the largest experiences in the country
- Tumors (Wilms, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Neuroblastoma, etc)
- Urodynamic Studies including uroflow, cystometrogram, and video urodynamics
- Vesico-Ureteric Reflux (VUR)
Work Experience of Dr. V Sripathi
- Dr. V. Sripathi has twenty-five years of experience as a Surgeon in the field of Paediatric Urology.
Dr. V Sripathi’s Qualifications
- FRACS (Pediatric Urology)
Memberships of Dr. V Sripathi
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- European Society of Pediatric Urology (ESPU)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons (IAPS)
- Urology Society of India (USI)
- Society of Pediatric Urologists (SPU)
- American Urological Association (AAU)
Publications of Dr. V Sripathi
- Dr. V. Sripathi has already published six research projects (among these six research projects, five have been published nationally and one internationally).
- He has sixty publications under his name (thirty-seven journal articles and twenty-three book chapters).