- Dr. Suresh Sankhla is an accomplished Neurosurgeon in Mumbai specializing in endoscopic neurosurgery and onco neurosurgery.
- He has been in the field of neurosurgery for more than 16 years in Mumbai and has experience of over two decades in various types of neuro surgeries.
- He is among the few surgeons in India with training in pediatric neurosurgery and has helped in the treatment of several young patients suffering from neurological disorders.
- Dr. Sankhla acquired his trainings in neurosurgery under the guidance of the best trainers from well known medical institutes and hospitals in Ireland, UK, USA as well as India.
- He has an equal interest in research and has published more than 100 articles, papers and abstracts in renowned national and international peer reviewed journals. He has also authored and co authored more than 20 chapters in text books on neurosurgery.
- He holds memberships of various organizations related to neurosciences and neurosurgery both Indian and global and has served as important roles in many of such associations.
- Dr. Sankhla is also actively involved in awareness campaigns and takes part in workshops on a regular basis. He also organizes medical camps and provides free neurosurgical treatment to the economically weak sections of the society.
- Head and Consultant of Neurosurgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Parel, Mumbai, Presently
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai
- Head of Neurosurgery at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Registrar of Neurosurgery at the Royal Preston Hospital, UK
- Registrar of Neurosurgery at the Richmond Institute of Neurosciences (Beaumont Hospital), Ireland
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MS in General Surgery from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- DNB in Neurosurgery from the National Board of Education
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- Fellowship training in Skull Base Surgery
- Fellowship training in Neuro Oncology Surgery
- Vice President of the Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- President of Congress of Asian Australian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Past President of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India
- Past President of Bombay Neurosciences Association
- Past Treasurer of Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Neurological Society of India (Executive council member)
- Founder and Past Treasurer of Indian Society of Neuro Oncology
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Founder and Past Executive Editor of the Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the Sydney Driscoll Award, UK in 1994