Profile Snapshot of Dr. Suresh Sankhla
- Dr. Suresh Sankhla is an accomplished Neurosurgeon in Mumbai specializing in endoscopic neurosurgery and onco-neurosurgery.
- He has been in the field of neurosurgery for more than 16 years in Mumbai and has experience of over two decades in various types of neuro surgeries.
- Dr. Suresh Sankhla is among the few surgeons in India with training in pediatric neurosurgery and has helped in the treatment of several young patients suffering from neurological disorders.
- Dr. Sankhla acquired his training in neurosurgery under the guidance of the best trainers from well-known medical institutes and hospitals in Ireland, UK, USA as well as India.
- He has an equal interest in research and has published more than 100 articles, papers, and abstracts in renowned national and international peer-reviewed journals. He has also authored and co-authored more than 20 chapters in textbooks on neurosurgery.
- Dr. Suresh Sankhla holds memberships of various organizations related to neurosciences and neurosurgery both Indian and global and has served an important role in many of such associations.
- Dr. Sankhla is also actively involved in awareness campaigns and takes part in workshops on a regular basis. He also organizes medical camps and provides free neurosurgical treatment to the economically weak sections of society.
Dr. Suresh Sankhla’s Expertise
- Cranio-vertebral junction surgery
- Endoscopic Brain surgery
- Intra ventricular tumor surgery
- Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine Surgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Skull base surgery Cerebro-vascular surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Suresh Sankhla
- Head and Consultant of Neurosurgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Parel, Mumbai, Presently
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai
- Head of Neurosurgery at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Registrar of Neurosurgery at the Royal Preston Hospital, UK
- Registrar of Neurosurgery at the Richmond Institute of Neurosciences (Beaumont Hospital), Ireland
Dr. Suresh Sankhla’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MS in General Surgery from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- DNB in Neurosurgery from the National Board of Education
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- Fellowship training in Skull Base Surgery
- Fellowship training in Neuro-Oncology Surgery
Memberships of Dr. Suresh Sankhla
- Vice President of the Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- President of Congress of Asian Australian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Past President of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India
- Past President of Bombay Neurosciences Association
- Past Treasurer of Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Neurological Society of India (Executive council member)
- Founder and Past Treasurer of Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Founder and Past Executive Editor of the Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Suresh Sankhla
- Received the Sydney Driscoll Award, UK in 1994