Profile Snapshot of Dr. Surendran R
- Dr. Surendran R is an experienced gastroenterologist from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- With more than 27 years of experience, he has served patients in Apollo Hospital.
- He has been rewarded for his contributions to the field several times. He received The Best Doctor award from the Tamil Nadu government (2002) in his name.
- He has done his qualifications from Tamil Nadu and owns a good command in his practice.
- Being a gastroenterologist, he specializes in treating patients with problems such as Bowel Obstruction, Pancreatic diseases, Esophagus disorders, Fistula treatment, etc.
- Apart from working with Apollo’s group of hospitals, he is the director of Stanley Medical Government College and Hospital.
Dr. R Surendran’s Expertise
- Ablative Therapy for Liver Tumors
- Anti-Reflux Procedures
- Bile Duct Cancer Surgery
- Chronic Pancreatitis Treatment
- Fistula treatment
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Disorders
- Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Liver Resection Surgery
- Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- Portal Hypertension Surgery
- Stoma Care
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography – TEE
- Treatment of Bowel Obstruction
- Treatment of esophagus disorders
- Treatment of Crohn’s disease
Work Experience of Dr. Surendran R
- More than 27 years of experience
- Director – Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Centre for Surgery and Transplantation at MIOT International Hospitals, Manapakkam, Chennai
- Senior Gastroenterologist in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai from 2005
Dr. R Surendran’s Qualifications
- MCh – Gastroenterology surgery
- MS – General Surgery
Memberships of Dr. Surendran R
- Association of Surgery of India
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- ISO- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Association Of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Indian Society of International HBP Surgery
- Asian Surgical Leaders forum