Designation of Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria
Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria
Gastroenterologist, Liver Transplant Surgeon
Senior Consultant – Liver Transplant & Gastrointestinal Surgery
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria
- Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria is an award-winning Organ Transplant Surgeon in Gurugram, having a rich experience of nearly 17 years.
- The doctor is currently a senior consultant for Liver transplantation at Artemis Hospital in Gurugram.
- He has managed several complex cases requiring a liver transplant or other open and laparoscopic GI surgeries during his career.
- Dr. Mahansaria has performed nearly 500 liver uprooting surgical procedures.
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan has praised his immense contribution to liver transplant and hepato-pancreaticobiliary surgery in the state.
- Patients visit Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria for treatment of Liver and Abdominal Tumor Resection, Splenectomy, Whipples Procedure, Liver Transplant, Abdominoplasty, Bowel Surgery from Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis.
- He has published many articles or papers in reputed national and international journals.
Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria’s Expertise
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Bile Duct Cancer surgery
- Choledochal Cyst surgery
- Colon Cancer treatment
- Gallbladder Cancer surgery
- Giant Hemangioma Liver treatment
- Hydatid cyst treatment
- Liver Cancer surgery
- Neuroendocrine Tumor surgery
- Pancreas Cancer
- Periampullary Cancer
- Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative colitis
- Rectum Cancer treatment
- Retroperitoneal Tumor surgery
- Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension
- Stomach Cancer
- Surgery for Bile Duct Injury
Work Experience of Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria
- 17 years of experience
- Senior Consultant Liver Transplant, Artemis Hospitals, Gurugram
Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria’s Qualifications
- MBBS from the University of Rajasthan
- MS from RUHS, Jaipur
- MCh (Hepato-Pancreaticobiliary & Liver Transplant Surgery) from the Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi
Memberships of Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria
- LTSI (Liver transplant Society of India)
- IHPBA (International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association)
- IASG (Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. S
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan appreciated him for his outstanding contributions to liver transplant and hepato-pancreaticobiliary surgery in the state.
- IASGCON 2014: First prize for the discovery of a myeloproliferative disorder in a patient with EHPVO following PSRS
- IASGCON 2014: Bursary award
Publications of Dr. Shyam Sunder Mahansaria
- Indian J Surg. 2017 Aug; 79(4):326-331- Major Liver Resection for Large and Locally Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Int J Surg Pathol. 2017 Oct; 25(7):585-591- Ampullary Mixed Adenoneuroendocrine Carcinoma: Surprise Histology, Familiar Management