Designation of Dr. Shreyash Gajjar
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Shreyash Gajjar
- Dr. Shreyash Gajjar is one of the most accomplished Arthroscopic and Sports Orthopedic surgeons in India.
- He has been associated with Kokilaben Hospital since 2011 and has performed more than 3000 surgeries of which more than 2500 included arthroscopic surgeries.
- Dr. Shreyash Gajjar is the first orthopedic surgeon in India to perform several first surgeries with the use of arthroscopic procedures. This includes ankle ligament reconstruction (chronic ligament tear), Bone Marrow Stem Cell Therapy for Avascular Necrosis Hip, pediatric Osgood-Schlatter’s disease surgery, reconstructive surgery for AC joint dislocation with DB button, and fixation of Lateral end Clavicle fractures.
- He does most of his procedures through arthroscopy with the view to provide faster relief to all orthopedic patients.
- He specializes in the management and treatment of ligament and cartilage tears and disorders and is an expert in multi-ligament knee reconstruction surgery.
- Dr. Gajjar holds a Fellowship in sports medicine and is an expert in the treatment of sports-related injuries and fractures. He has performed numerous evidence-based advanced arthroscopic procedures for joint-related disorders in both adult and pediatric patients.
- Dr. Shreyash Gajjar received his training in Arthroscopy, Trauma, and Sports Medicine from the best orthopedic institutions and under the guidance of renowned surgeons in India, UK, and Australia.
- He holds memberships of renowned medical associations and is often invited as a faculty to attend Arthroscopic conferences and meetings. He has taken part in orthopedic workshops and CMEs and has given presentations and demonstrations on various Arthroscopic procedures.
- Dr. Shreyash Gajjar has several publications to his name in peer-reviewed journals and is a reviewer of international Arthroscopy journals as well. He is on the editorial team of the journal of the Indian Arthroscopy Society.
Dr. Shreyash Gajjar’s Expertise
- Advanced Arthroscopy for shoulder, knee, hip, ankle, and wrist ligaments
- All Arthroscopic ankle ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Lateral end Clavicle fracture fixation
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of AC joint dislocation
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery- frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, dislocation
- Bone Marrow Stem Cell therapy for Avascular Necrosis
- Bone Marrow Stem Cell therapy for cartilage defects of knee and ankle and hip
- Complex Shoulder and elbow replacement surgery for neglected fractures
- Complex Shoulder Rotator Cuff and Bankarts repairs
- Correction surgery for knee osteotomy and Patello-Femoral disorders
- Hip Arthroscopy– Impingement and Labral tear
- Multi-ligament knee reconstruction surgery
- Reconstructions and Replacement surgeries for ligament tear of all joints
Work Experience of Dr. Shreyash Gajjar
- Unit Lead and Consultant of Arthroscopy, Sports Orthopedics and Trauma at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai since 2011
- Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, and Trauma Surgeon in UK and Australia
Dr. Shreyash Gajjar’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai
- MS in Orthopedics from Seth G S Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- DNB in Orthopedics from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Orthopedics from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- Fellowship in Trauma and Orthopedics from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Fellowship in Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), UK
- Fellowship in Hip Arthroscopy from Welling Hospital, London, Visiting surgeon
- Fellowship in Ankle and Foot Arthroscopy from Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS, UK
- Fellowship in Shoulder, Elbow, and Wrist Arthroscopy from Countess of Chester Hospital NHS, Cheshire, UK
Fellowships of Dr. Shreyash Gajjar
- Royal Free NHS and Wellington Hospitals, London
- Royal Liverpool and Broad green University, Liverpool
- Vincent Mercy and Warringal Hospitals, Melbourne
Memberships of Dr. Shreyash Gajjar
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of India
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee and Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Bombay Orthopedic Society