Profile Snapshot of Dr. Shirish M Hastak
- Dr. Shirish M Hastak is one of the best Stroke Specialists in India with a specialization in Neurology.
- Dr. Hastak underwent training in stroke management under world-renowned neuroscientist, Dr. Vladimir Hachinski at the Western University of Canada.
- He holds more than 30 years of experience as a neurologist among which he has spent 2 decades mastering stroke management.
- Prior to joining Wockhardt, Dr. Hastak was associated with Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai where he mastered hyper acute stroke management and used thrombolysis in combination with bridging therapy (mechanical intervention) to help patients with acute stroke.
- Dr. Hastak has contributed immensely towards neurosciences in India, especially in the management and treatment of stroke patients, and hopes to build a hospital specifically catering to patients suffering from acute stroke and similar complications.
- Dr. Hastak has been quite active in research and clinical trials as well. He has numerous publications to his credit in renowned national and international peer-reviewed journals.
Work Experience of Dr. Shirish M Hastak
- Regional Director – Neurology and Stroke at
- Group Director of Neurology and Stroke Services at Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai from 2014 to 2019
- Director of Neurology and Strokes Management at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai from 2008 to 2014
- Chief Consultant of Neurology at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Shirish M Hastak’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Nagpur Medical College, Nagpur
- MD in General Medicine from Nagpur Medical College, Nagpur
- DM (Super specialization) in Neurology from Topiwala National Medical College and B Y L Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship training in Stroke Management from Western University of Canada, London
Memberships of Dr. Shirish M Hastak
- Past President of Indian Stroke Association