- Dr. Shirish M Hastak is one of the best Stroke Specialist in India with a super specialization in Neurology.
- He has trained in stroke management under world renowned neuroscientist, Prof. Vladimir Hatchinski at the Western University of Canada, London.
- He holds more than 26 years of experience as a neurologist among which he has spent 2 decades in mastering stroke management.
- Prior to joining Wockhardt, Dr. Hastak was associated with Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai where he mastered hyper acute stroke management and used thrombolysis in combination with bridging therapy (mechanical intervention) to help patients with acute stroke.
- He has contributed immensely towards neurosciences in India, especially in the management and treatment of stroke patients and hopes to build a hospital specifically catering to patients suffering from acute stroke and similar complications.
- Dr. Hastak has been quite active in research and clinical trials as well. He has numerous publications to his credit in renowned national and international peer reviewed journals.
- MBBS from Nagpur Medical College, Nagpur
- MD in General Medicine from Nagpur Medical College, Nagpur
- DM (Super specialization) in Neurology from Topiwala National Medical College and B Y L Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship training in Stroke Management from Western University of Canada, London