Dr. Sanjay Govil
Consultant – Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery, Liver Transplantation,
Apollo Hospitals, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Senior Consultant and Head – Department of HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation
Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru
- Dr. Sanjay Govil is an accomplished HBP & Transplant Surgeon. He completed his MS from Christian Medical College, in Vellore. He later completed his FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons on England.
- He has achieved a few major accomplishments throughout his life as well, which include First Liver Secection in Karnataka, in 2007, First Laparoscopic Liver Resection in a Cirrhotic Liver in Karnataka in the year 2008, First Laparoscopic Pancreatic oduodenectomy in Karnataka in 2008, First ALPPS procedure in India in 2012 and several more.
- He trained in liver surgery and transplantation at Kings College Hospital in London, Queen Mary’s Hospital in Hong Kong and Graduate School of Medicine in Tokyo.
- He became a Professor of Surgery at CMC Hospital Vellore in 2003 and has a good blend of academic as well as clinical experience.
- 1989- 2005- Christian Medical College Vellore
- 1997-1999- Kings College Hospital London
- 2013-2019- Global Hospitals, India
- Since 2019- Apollo Hospitals
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- International HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association
- International Liver transplantation Society