Designation of Dr. Sanjay Govil
Dr. Sanjay Govil
Consultant – Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery, Liver Transplantation,
Apollo Hospitals, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Senior Consultant and Head – Department of HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation
Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sanjay Govil
- Dr. Sanjay Govil is an accomplished HBP & Transplant Surgeon. He completed his MS from Christian Medical College, in Vellore. He later completed his FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons in England.
- He has achieved a few major accomplishments throughout his life as well, which include the First Liver Resection in Karnataka, in 2007, First Laparoscopic Liver Resection in a Cirrhotic Liver in Karnataka in the year 2008, First Laparoscopic Pancreatic duodenectomy in Karnataka in 2008, First ALPPS procedure in India in 2012 and several more.
- He trained in liver surgery and transplantation at Kings College Hospital in London, Queen Mary’s Hospital in Hong Kong, and the Graduate School of Medicine in Tokyo.
- He became a Professor of Surgery at CMC Hospital Vellore in 2003 and has a good blend of academic as well as clinical experience.
Work Experience of Dr. Sanjay Govil
- Kings College Hospital London from 1997 to 1999
- Christian Medical College Vellore from 1989 to 2005
- Global Hospitals, India from 2013 to 2019
- Apollo Hospitals, Bengaluru Since 2019
Dr. Sanjay Govil’s Qualifications
- Fellowship in Living Donor Liver Transplant in 2004
- Lister Fellowship in Pancreatic Surgery in 1989
- FRCS England in 1992
- MS General Surgery in 1989
- MBBS in 1986
Memberships of Dr. Sanjay Govil
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- International Liver transplantation Society