Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rama Joshi
- Dr. Rama Joshi is an extensively skilled and professional Gynae oncologist in India with over 25 years of experience in the field.
- She is currently associated with Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram where she serves as the Director of the department of Gyne Oncology.
- She specializes in Gyne onco surgery and Robotic surgery for ovarian and other gynecological cancers.
- Dr. Joshi provides treatment and management for cancers of the ovaries, uterus, and cervix and performs all types of gynae onco surgeries.
- She received her training in cancer surgery and robotic surgery from prestigious institutes in France and the USA.
- Dr. Rama Joshi also finds interest in clinical research for the detection of early stages of cancer. Her primary area of focus lies in the management of suspicious gynecological malignancies and premalignant gynecological diseases in women.
- Dr. Joshi is a member of renowned medical associations and actively takes part in cancer awareness campaigns on a regular basis.
Dr. Rama Joshi’s Expertise
- Management of gynecological pre-cancerous lesions
- Management of suspicious gynecological malignancies and premalignant gynecological diseases
- Ovarian cancer staging, staging for premalignant gynecological conditions
- Robotic surgery for cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, endometrium cancer, vaginal cancer, uterus cancer, vulvar cancer, and other gynae cancer
- Radical surgery for all types of diagnosed, suspicious, and recurring gynecological cancers
- Surgery for all types of Gynecological Cancer
Work Experience of Dr. Rama Joshi
- Director of Gynae Oncology and Robotic Surgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram, Presently
- HOD and Senior Consultant of Gynae Oncology at BLK Super Specialty Hospital, Delhi
- Senior Consultant of Gynae Oncology at Artemis Heart Institute, Gurugram
- Senior Consultant of Gynae Oncology at Dharmashila Cancer Hospital, Delhi
Dr. Rama Joshi’s Qualifications
- MBBS from SMS Medical College, Jaipur in 1986 (Gold Medalist)
- MS in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from University of Rajasthan in 1989
- Fellowship in Gynae Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- UICC (Union for International Cancer Control) Fellowship from Buffalo General Hospital, New York
- Training in Onco Surgery from Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, USA
- Training in Onco Surgery from University of Lyon, France
- Training in Robotic Surgery from da Vinci Intuitive at Sunnyvale, California
Memberships of Dr. Rama Joshi
- Association of Gynecological Oncologists of India (Honorary General Secretary)
- Federation of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of India
- Indian Society of Oncology
- International Gynecological Cancer Society
- Indian Medical Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Rama Joshi
- Member of the steering committee for ICMR Treatment Guidelines on Ovarian Cancer Management
- Member of the steering committee for Standard Treatment Guidelines for Gynecological Cancers
- Organized Globeathon Walk India on 29th September 2013 to end Gynae cancers
- Received 6 gold medals, Pfizer gold medal, and Bhamashah Award for excelling in academics