- Dr. Rakesh Rajput is the Director of the department of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Fortis Hospital Anandapur in Kolkata.
- He has been associated with the hospital since 2010 and prior to that has worked in some of the most prestigious hospitals in India.
- His expertise lies in Joint replacement surgeries for the knee and hip, Arthroscopy and Pelvic and Ace tabular trauma. His is also high skilled in Minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries.
- With experience of close to 2 decades, Dr. Rajput has immense experience in handling different types of joint and bone related disorders and diseases.
- He received his trainings in Joint replacement procedure from the prestigious University of Dundee and has worked and trained under some of the best orthopedic surgeons of the world.
- He is an expert in the anterior hip replacement approach and his primary interest also lies in joint preserving procedures.
- Along with his memberships with prestigious medical organizations, he is also the founding member of the Association of Pelvic Ace tabular Surgeons of India.
- He has received several awards throughout his career and was also awarded the L M Banerjee Silver Medal during his academics.
- He has attended several conferences and scientific meetings in India and abroad and regularly conducts workshops and attends CMEs to train, teach and learn new orthopedic procedures.
- Joint Replacement surgery
- Primary and Revision Hip and Knee replacement surgeries
- Uni compartmental Knee Replacement surgery
- Hip, Knee, pelvic, ace tabular fracture surgery
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement surgery
- Pelvic Osteotomy
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Treatment of avascular necrosis
- Arthritis treatment and management
- MBBS from R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata, 1989
- MS in Orthopedics from University of Kolkata, 1994
- MCh in Orthopedics from University of Dundee, Scotland, 1999
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow, 1997
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma and Orthopedics, Inter Collegiate Board, UK, 2004
- Founder member of Association of Pelvic ace tabular Surgeons of India
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- British Orthopedic Association
- West Bengal Orthopedic Association
- West Bengal Arthroplasty Society
Awards and Recognitions
- Ian Smillie Class Award of Distinction for best MCh student (Orth) by University of Dundee in 1999
- L M Banerjee Silver Medal (Best surgery student) by University of Calcutta in 1986