Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is one of the most experienced Neurosurgeons and Spine surgeons in India.
- He received his training in Neurosurgery from the UK and holds an experience of more than 3 decades in the field.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is an expert in all neuro and spine surgeries including micro neurosurgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, surgery for degenerative spine diseases, surgery for brain and spine trauma, and neuro tumor surgeries.
- Prior to joining Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Dr. Prasad spent most of his years in the UK in various hospitals both practicing and training in neuro and spine surgery.
- At Indraprastha, he is credited for having started the neuro-spine surgery department and has helped extensively in making it one of the best centers of neurosurgery in India.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is an expert neurosurgeon and has brought in years of skills and experience in the treatment of every patient with utmost care.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad’s Expertise
- Microsurgery for brain and spine tumors
- Minimally Invasive spine surgery
- Neuro-intensive care
- Neuro-rehabilitation for head and spine injuries
- Skull base tumor surgery
- Spine surgery for spinal fusion, spinal tumor, spinal decompression, and trauma
- Surgery for acute brain and spine injury
- Surgery for degenerative spine diseases
- Surgery for trauma
Work Experience of Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi since 1996
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Social Insurance Hospital, Saudi Arabia from 1992 to 1995
- Senior Registrar of Neurosurgery at Frenchay Hospital, UK from 1991 to 1992
- Registrar of Neurosurgery at the Nottingham University Hospital and Queens Medical Centre, UK from 1984 to 1987
- Registrar of Neurosurgery at the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases, UK from 1983 to 1984
- Senior House Officer at Cork Regional Hospital, Ireland from 1979 to 1980
Dr. Rajendra Prasad’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Ranchi Medical University, 1976
- Fellowship in Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, 1983
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery, Royal College of Surgeons, UK, 1995
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training, UK
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery from the Intercollegiate Specialty Board, UK
Memberships of Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Neurological Society of India
- Honorary Medical Director of the Indian Head Injury Foundation
- Founder Chairman of the Primary Trauma Care Foundation India
- Past President of Delhi Spine Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA
- AO Spine