- Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan is a well known orthopedic spine surgeon in India currently working with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is one of the most highly accomplished and successful spine surgeons in Delhi performing more than 350 spine surgeries every year.
- He holds an extensive experience of 30+ years in spine surgery and specializes in different types of spinal diseases and disorders.
- He provides management and treatment of spinal disorders that includes disc and degenerative disorder, spinal tumor, spinal fractures, spinal trauma and spinal infections.
- His primary interests include simple and lumber Discectomy, cervical and lumber disc replacement surgery, spinal reconstruction for trauma, vertebrectomy and TESSYS.
- Dr. Krishnan has developed new techniques for Sacral Tarlov cysts and anterior short and long segment instrumented correction for both adult and pediatric patients.
- He has been exclusively practicing spinal surgery for over 2 decades and has been associated with Mid-Cheshire NHS Trust for 10 years dealing with over 3000 OPD patients annually.
- He has trained undergraduate and post graduate students as well as mentored PhD students with their research and projects.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations of the world. He regularly attends national and international conferences on Spinal surgery and has also presented numerous papers during such meetings.
- Dr. Krishnan has been working with the Indian Council of Medical Research to utilize stem cells and growth factors for treating spinal deformity, spinal cord injury and disc disorders.
- All kinds of simple and complex spinal surgeries
- Surgery for disc and degenerative spinal deformity, spinal tumors, spinal trauma, spinal infections and spinal fractures
- Lumbar and Cervical disc repair and replacement
- Cervical and lumbar Discectomy
- Spinal trauma reconstruction surgery
- Transforaminal Endoscopic Surgical System (TESSYS)
- Jaw splitting cranio-cervical surgery
- Skull separation cervical osteotomy
- Total sacrectomy with lumbo pelvic reconstruction
- Manubriosternotomy for upper thoracic anterior instrumentation
- Metal rods placement in deformed spine
- Staple instrumentation system
- Senior Consultant of Spine Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 1995 to 1999 and since 2012- Present
- Consultant of Orthopedics and Spine Surgery at Mid- Cheshire NHS Trust Hospital, UK, 1999
- Private Practice as a Spine surgeon at BMI South Cheshire Hospital, UK
- Private Practice as a Spine surgeon at Spire Stratton Hospital, UK
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1976
- MS in Orthopedics from Safdarjung Hospital (Central Institute of Orthopedics), New Delhi, 1980
- MCh in Orthopedics from the University of Liverpool, 1984
- PHD from Royal Postgraduate Medical School and Hammersmith Hospital, London, 1990
- Fellowship in Orthopedics from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Training in Orthopedics and Spinal surgery from NHS Hospitals in UK
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Delhi Spine Society
- Former member of the British Orthopedic Association