Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan
- Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan is a well-known orthopedic and spine surgeon in India, currently working with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is one of the most highly accomplished and successful spine surgeons in Delhi performing more than 350 spine surgeries every year.
- Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan holds an extensive experience of 30+ years in spine surgery and specializes in different types of spinal diseases and disorders.
- He provides management and treatment of spinal disorders that includes disc and degenerative disorder, spinal tumor, spinal fractures, spinal trauma, and spinal infections.
- His primary interests include simple and lumbar Discectomy, cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery, spinal reconstruction for trauma, vertebrectomy, and TESSYS.
- Dr. Krishnan has developed new techniques for Sacral Tarlov cysts and anterior short and long segment instrumented correction for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan has been exclusively practicing spinal surgery for over 2 decades and has been associated with Mid-Cheshire NHS Trust for 10 years dealing with over 3000 OPD patients annually.
- He has trained undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as mentored Ph.D. students with their research and projects.
- Dr. Krishnan holds memberships in prestigious medical associations around the world. He regularly attends national and international conferences on Spinal surgery and has also presented numerous papers during such meetings.
- Dr. Krishnan has been working with the Indian Council of Medical Research to utilize stem cells and growth factors for treating spinal deformity, spinal cord injury, and disc disorders.
Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan’s Expertise
- All kinds of simple and complex spinal surgeries
- Cervical and lumbar Discectomy
- Jaw-splitting craniocervical surgery
- Lumbar and Cervical disc repair and replacement
- Manubriosternotomy for upper thoracic anterior instrumentation
- Metal rods placement in deformed spine
- Skull separation cervical osteotomy
- Spinal trauma reconstruction surgery
- Staple instrumentation system
- Surgery for disc and degenerative spinal deformity, spinal tumors, spinal trauma, spinal infections, and spinal fractures
- Total sacrectomy with lumbopelvic reconstruction
- Transforaminal Endoscopic Surgical System (TESSYS)
Work Experience of Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan
- Senior Consultant of Spine Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 1995 to 1999 and since 2012- Present
- Consultant of Orthopedics and Spine Surgery at Mid- Cheshire NHS Trust Hospital, UK, 1999
- Private Practice as a Spine surgeon at BMI South Cheshire Hospital, UK
- Private Practice as a Spine surgeon at Spire Stratton Hospital, UK
Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1976
- MS in Orthopedics from Safdarjung Hospital (Central Institute of Orthopedics), New Delhi, 1980
- MCh in Orthopedics from the University of Liverpool, 1984
- PHD from Royal Postgraduate Medical School and Hammersmith Hospital, London, 1990
- Fellowship in Orthopedics from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Training in Orthopedics and Spinal surgery from NHS Hospitals in UK
Memberships of Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Delhi Spine Society
- Former member of the British Orthopedic Association