- Dr. Raj Kumar Sharma is the head of department, Nephrology at Medanta Lucknow.
- He is a former Director and Head of Department, Nephrology at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow and also former Director, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia.
- He was a member of Board of Governors, Government Post Graduate Institute of Health Sciences, Greater Noida and was also a member of State Authorizing Committee (HOTA) for Organ Transplantation, Uttar Pradesh. Dr. Sharma was also Co-Chairman, Expert Group for Kidney Diseases, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. He is also an expert member, Committee SEC (Cardiovascular and Renal) of DCGI, DGHS, Government of India since 2016.
- Dr. Sharma has more than 353 research papers published in national and international journals of repute. He has authored chapters in more than 25 books. He is Emeritus Editor of Indian Journal of Transplantation and Indian Journal of Nephrology. He is also the former Chief Editor of Clinical Queries Nephrology.
- Transurethral Incision of The Prostate (TUIP)
- Vascular Surgery
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Minimally Invasive Urology
- Varicocele Surgery
- Male hypogonadism
- Radical Cystectomy
- Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
- Male Sexual Dysfunction Treatment
- Male Infertility Treatment
- Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection
- Surgery Of The Penis
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Prostate Cancer Surgery
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Laser Prostatectomy
- Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
- Ureteroscopy (URS)
- Urology Consultation
- Urinary Tract Obstruction
- Reconstructive Urology
- Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
- Transurethral Resection of The Prostate (TURP)
- Prostate Laser Surgery
- Open Prostatectomy
- F.I.SO.T – Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- F.I.SN – Fellow of International Society of Nephrology, USA 2005
- F.A.S.N – Fellow American Society of Nephrology 2004
- F.A.M.S (Nephrology) M.N.A.M.S – National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 1996
- D.N.B – Nephrology National Board of Examination, New Delhi 1981
- M.D. (Medicine) – Delhi University 1979
- M.B.B.S. – Delhi University 1974
- Urological Society of India (USI)
Awards & Recognitions
- First place in oral presentation at UAA 2019, Kualalampur, Malasia – 2019
- EUREP Fellowship , Prague,Europe awarded by Urological society of India – 2012
- Dr. Sharma has more than 353 research papers published in national and international journals of repute.
- He has authored chapters in more than 25 books.