Designation of Dr. Raju Vaishya
Dr. Prof. Raju Vaishya
Senior Consultant and Professor – Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Prof. Raju Vaishya
- (Prof) Raju Vaishya is a well-known Orthopedic Surgeon in India with expertise in arthroscopic surgery (hip and knee) and joint replacement procedures.
- He has been in the field of joint replacement and arthroscopy for more than 30 years and is highly skilled at the management of chronic arthritis and performing joint replacement surgeries for hip, knee, elbow, shoulder, and finger joints.
- Dr. Raju Vaishya is among the first orthopedic surgeons to introduce shoulder arthroscopy in India and is the best surgeon for knee and hip arthroplasty in the country.
- His interest also lies in cartilage regeneration and restoration along with the management and treatment of ligament injuries.
- Currently, Dr. Raju Vaishya is one of the lead orthopedic surgeons in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital and is also a Professor in the department. He is part of a highly efficient team of orthopedic doctors and surgeons in the hospital which makes it one of the best orthopedic centers in India.
- He runs a fellowship training program in orthopedic surgery under Indraprastha Apollo Hospital and has trained over 300 national and international orthopedic surgeons.
- Dr. Vaishya is known to have introduced the personalized knee surgery plan that uses a customized patient-centric approach for arthroplasty.
- Dr. Raju Vaishya regularly attends national and international scientific meetings and gets invited to speak and deliver talks at such conferences and seminars. He has chaired various orthopedic and arthroscopic sessions and delivered presentations.
- He has done a large number of research on the different aspects of Arthroscopy and joint replacement procedures. His work has been published in renowned peer-reviewed journals and holds the credit for over 175 publications in national and international journals and medical textbooks.
- Dr. Raju Vaishya’s name has been featured in the Limca Book of Records four times for his contributions towards orthopedics.
- An esteemed member of numerous medical associations and organizations, Dr. Vaishya is a well-known name in orthopedic surgery of the world.
Dr. Prof. Raju Vaishya's Expertise
- Arthroscopy of hip, knee, elbow, shoulder, and ankle joints
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation for cartilage regeneration and restoration
- Customized Knee surgery
- Hybrid, surface, revision, bipolar, cemented, and uncemented hip replacement surgeries
- Irritable hips syndrome surgery
- Ligament reconstruction and repair
- Management and treatment of Chronic Arthritis
- Patellar reassignment surgery
- Primary and revision joint replacement surgery- shoulder, elbow, knee, hips, ankles
- Surgery for sports injuries
- Total joint replacement surgeries for hip, knee, shoulder
- Unicondylar, fixed bearing, mobile-bearing, and revision knee replacement surgeries
Work Experience of Dr. Raju Vaishya
- Senior Consultant and Professor of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi since 1996
- Senior Consultant of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at Healing Touch Clinic, New Delhi
- Consultant of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement at various hospitals in Gwalior from 1992 to 1996
- Pool Officer at Gajara Raja Medical College and J A Group of Hospitals, Gwalior from 1991 to 1992
- Registrar of Orthopedics at the Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital, UK, 1990
- Registrar of Orthopedics at Hereford General Hospital, 1989
- Registrar of Orthopedics at Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopedic Hospital, Oswestry during 1988 to 1989
- Senior House Officer at Glan Clwyd Hospital, 1987
Dr. Raju Vaishya’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Jiwaji University, Gwalior, 1982
- MS in Orthopedics from Jiwaji University, Gwalior, 1986
- MCh in Orthopedics from the University of Liverpool, UK, 1990
- Fellowship in Orthopedics from the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Administration from Apollo Med Varsity
- AO Fellowship, Operative Management of Fractures, Germany, and Switzerland
- Training in Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy from Rush Presbyterian Hospital, Chicago
- Training in Shoulder Arthroscopy from the University of Liverpool
- Knee Fellowship from Hill Top Hospital, Bromsgrove
Memberships of Dr. Raju Vaishya
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Society of India
- Indian Cartilage Society
- Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Association of British Scholars
- Indian Orthopedic Association, Madhya Pradesh Chapter
- International Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology, SICOT
- Delhi Medical Association
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- South Delhi Orthopedic Society
- Delhi Medical Council
- Nepal Medical Council
- Bangladesh Orthopedic Society
- India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- India Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Raju Vaishya
- Distinguished Service Award 2010 by the Geriatric Society of India
- Citation Award in 2010 for Outstanding Service to the Society
- Best Paper Publication Award 2009 by Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Doctor of the year 2009 by Delhi Medical Association
- Best Doctor of the Year 2008 by Gwalior Vikas Samiti