Designation of Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
Liver Transplant Surgeon
Associate Director – Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine
Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
- Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui is one of the highly trained liver transplant specialists who currently works at Medanta as an associate director.
- He received his training in Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation at two of the most prestigious institutions in India which include G.B Pant hospital and Sir Gangaram hospital, New Delhi.
- Further, he got his masters in HPB surgery and liver transplantation at the Henri Bismuth Hepatobiliary Institute in France followed by a Fellowship Programme at Centre Hepatobiliare Hospital Paul Brouse Paris.
- He also holds a European Inter-University Diploma in Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Cancers: Onco Surgical Strategies and he was awarded the Merck KGaA Germany International Educational Grant for clinical research work.
- Dr. Prashant is further interested to work in certain fields which include hepatocellular carcinoma, colorectal liver metastases, and living donor liver transplantation. Besides this, he has also published several journals on these subjects.
- He is on the Reviewer Panel for the Journal Of Hepatology Liver Transplantation World Journal Of Surgery. Right now he is involved in extensive research work on molecular markers and newer therapies in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma and colorectal liver metastases.
Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui’s Expertise
With a rich academic background, Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui has treated so many patients during his professional life. However, his areas of expertise include-
- Liver Transplantation
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma management
- Management of colorectal liver metastases
Work Experience of Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
- Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui is currently working as a Associate Director of Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram
Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui’s Qualifications
Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui has completed his education from very reputed institutions in India and abroad. Here’s an account of his educational background-
- Dr. Prashant completed his MBBS at Goa Medical College, Goa University, Goa in the year 1999.
- Then he pursued MS at Goa Medical College, Goa University, Goa in the year 1999.
- Next, he got his masters in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery at Henri Bismuth Hepatobiliary Institute and Centre Hepatobiliare, Hospital Paul Brousse, France in the year 2009.
- Further, he pursued a European Inter-University Diploma in Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Cancers at Paris XI University, France in the year 2010.
- Lastly, he completed his fellowship in Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation at Henri Bismuth Hepatobiliary Institute and Centre Hepatobiliare, Hospital Paul Brousse, France in the year 2010.
Memberships of Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui is currently a member of several medical associations. Some of them are listed below-
- International Liver Transplantation Society
- European Society for Organ Transplantation and European Liver Transplant Association
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- The Transplantation Society
- International Living Donor Liver Transplant Study Group
- International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Oncologists
- Indian Society for Organ Transplantation
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui has received a number of awards and recognitions in the field of liver transplant surgery for his unmatched excellence. Some of them are listed below-
- He received “Vanguard Award 2016” for Best Published Clinical Research Paper of the year by the International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS) in 2016
- Further, he got “Dr. K.N. Udupa Memorial Oration 2016” for Outstanding Research and contributing to the development of Organ Transplantation in India, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT) in 2016
- Next, he received the Best paper award, 2nd Congress of the International Living Donor Liver Transplantation Study Group, Seoul, South Korea in 2015
- He also got Award papers at the 20th Annual International Congress of ILTS, London, in 2014
- MERCK KGaA Germany award for clinical research work in the field of colorectal liver metastases.
- Award papers at the 1st International Congress of the International Living Donor Liver Transplant Study Group (ILDLT) held in Seoul, Korea in 2014
Publications of Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui
- Dr. Prashant Vilas Bhangui has published so many books, research papers, and journals. He has published more than a dozen publications and hundreds of research papers which are of huge importance in the field of liver transplantation and hepatocellular carcinoma.