- Dr. Prakash K C is one of the senior Nephrologists from Tamil Nadu, with over 35 years of specialist experience managing renal disorders.
- He practices as a Consultant Nephrologist in Apollo Hospital, Greames Road, and Apollo First Med Hospitals in Kilpauk, Chennai. The doctor provides consultation and a wide range of medical services like Ureteroscopy (URS), Kidney Transplant, Hemodialysis, etc. His team ensures a friendly environment for patients.
- Dr. Prakash is a member of premier Medical Associations. He held the position of Secretary in the Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India from 1997 to 1999 and President from 2006 to 2008.
- Dr. Prakash is involved in many pieces of research and got his work published in periodicals and textbooks.
- Total 43 years of experience
- Working as a Consultant Nephrologist, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- MBBS M.P. Shah Government Medical College- 1978
- MD (General Medicine) from M.P. Shah Government Medical College- 1982
- DNB from DNB board, New Delhi- 1988
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Association of Physicians of India
- ERA EDTA
Awards & Recognitions
- Presented Young investigator Award by Japanese Society of Nephrology (1993)
- President, Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India (2006-2008)
- Calculous Renal Disease and obstructive nephropathy- an API text book of Medicine – VIII Edition
- Haemodialysis using singly lumen subclavian catheter and double pump- An initial experience
- Glomerular filtration rate by Tc99m DTPA compared with endogenous creatinine clearance to assess prospective live related donors