Profile Snapshot of Dr. Prakash K C
- Dr. Prakash K C is one of the senior Nephrologists from Tamil Nadu, with over 43 years of experience managing renal disorders.
- He practices as a Consultant Nephrologist in Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, and Apollo First Med Hospitals in Kilpauk, Chennai.
- He provides consultation and a wide range of medical services like Ureteroscopy (URS), Kidney Transplant, Hemodialysis, etc. His team ensures a friendly environment for patients.
- Dr. Prakash is a member of premier Medical Associations. He held the position of Secretary in the Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India from 1997 to 1999 and President from 2006 to 2008.
- Dr. Prakash is involved in many pieces of research and got his work published in periodicals and textbooks.
Work Experience of Dr. Prakash K C
- Total 43 years of experience
- Working as a Consultant – Nephrologist, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
Dr. K C Prakash’s Qualifications
- MBBS MP Shah Government Medical College in 1978
- MD (General Medicine) from MP Shah Government Medical College in 1982
- DNB from DNB board, New Delhi in 1988
Memberships of Dr. Prakash K C
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Association of Physicians of India
- ERA EDTA
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Prakash K C
- Presented Young investigator Award by Japanese Society of Nephrology (1993)
- President, Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India (2006-2008)
Publications of Dr. Prakash K C
- Calculous Renal Disease and obstructive nephropathy- an API textbook of Medicine – VIII Edition
- Haemodialysis using singly lumen subclavian catheter and double pump- An initial experience
- Glomerular filtration rate by Tc99m DTPA compared with endogenous creatinine clearance to assess prospective live related donors