Designation of Dr. Nutan Agarwal
Dr. Nutan Agarwal
Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Chairperson & DNB Program Director – Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Nutan Agarwal
- Dr. Nutan Agarwal is an eminent Obstetrician & Gynecologist who shies off four decades of experience.
- She obtained a fellowship in Fetal Medicine from King College Hospital, UK, and Reproductive Medicine from Australia.
- Nowadays, the doctor is Chairperson and practitioner in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram.
- She completed a diploma in Obst & Gynec USG from Ian Donald Medical School in Croatia.
- She has performed both laparoscopic and traditional procedures in managing complex cases.
- Besides being a clinician and surgeon infertility expert, she is a proficient educator. She taught in the division of Fetal Medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- The doctor received a national award for developing the unique Intraamniotic surfactant therapy to save preterm babies.
- Dr. Nutan Agarwal is credited with pioneering various PCOS medications in India, such as Metformin and myoinositol.
- She has also developed several treatments, such as ablation in multiple pregnancies, and formulated a guideline for managing irregular uterine bleeding in the Indian context.
- Dr. Nutan Agarwal coordinated a plethora of national and international fetal medicine and laparoscopic surgery conferences, training courses, and live workshops.
- She has delivered over 200 lectures or seminars in myriad forums and conferences, has over 300 articles published in international and national journals, and is involved in over 100 research and thesis projects.
Dr. Nutan Agarwal ’s Expertise
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Adenomyosis or Fibroids
- Cervical Cancer
- Fetal Medicine
- Fibroid Removal Surgery
- High-risk pregnancy
- Laparoscpic surgeries
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian tumors management
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment
- Preconception and paraconception counseling
- Recurrent pregnancy losses
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Fibroids
- Uterine Prolapse
- Vaginal plastic surgeries
Work Experience of Dr. Nutan Agarwal
- 35+Years of experience
- Chair (Obs & Gynec), Artemis Health Institute, Gurugram, India
- Prof., Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Dr. Nutan Agarwal ’s Qualifications
- MBBS from University of Lucknow, Lucknow- 1980
- MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology) from University of Lucknow, Lucknow- 1983
Memberships of Dr. Nutan Agarwal
- Founder Secretary of GESI
- VP, Society of PCOS and Metabolic Syndrome
- Hon. Secretary, AOGD Delhi (2013-14)
- Chairperson, Endocrine Committee of AOGD (2013-2015)
- Exec. Member, Delhi Society of Prenatal diagnosis
- Exec. Member (fetal medicine committee), AOGD
- Federation of Obs & Gynae Society of India (FOGSI)
- AOGD – Assoc. of Obstetric and Gynecological Society Delhi
- ISOPARB – Indian Soc. of Perinatology and Reproductive Biology
- NARCHI- National Association of Reproductive and Child Health of India
- ISPAT – Indian Society of Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy
- DSPAT- Delhi Society of Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy
- AGOI – Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India
- Geriatric Society of India (GSI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Gynae Endocrine Society of India (GESI)
- PCOS and Metabolic Syndrome Society of India
- International Society of USG in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Nutan Agarwal
- 2009: International Medical Excellence Award
- 2010: Dr. G S Reddy Puducherry Oration Award
- 2014: Outstanding medical performance as professional mother award
- 2014: dedication award in the medical profession
- 2017, 2015: FOGSI chorion Award for best research work
- 2013, 2014, 2015: Leelawati Salwam Award for thesis
- 2007, 2016: Jagdishwari Mishra Award for Best Paper
Publications of Dr. Nutan Agarwal
- Editor-in-chief of Indian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology