Profile Snapshot of Dr. Narasimhan R
- Dr. Narasimhan R is a well-known Interventional Pulmonologist of India serving for nearly 36 years in the field.
- Since 2004, he is a senior consultant for Respiratory Therapy with Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- Dr. Narasimhan provides the best care and treatment for Lower and Upper Respiratory Tract infections, Bad Breath (Halitosis), Pneumonia, Fibrosis of the Lung, Chest Cavity Drainage, and many other breathing problems.
- He has performed more than 20000 investigative bronchoscopies, the highest ever in South India.
- Dr. Narasimhan is also a regular writer in The Hindu, an Editor for a couple of medical periodicals, and held several prestigious positions.
Work Experience of Dr. Narasimhan R
- More than 36 years of experience in Respiratory Medicine
- Working as a Consultant – Pulmonologist at Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Consultant (Respiratory Physician) in Railway Hospitals, Perambur
- ADMO, Southern Hospitals, Olavakot division, JIPMER, Pondicherry
- Senior Resident at Department of Chest Diseases
- Senior Resident at TB Research Center
- In charge of Respiratory Medicine at SRM Institute of Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor at University of Queensland, Australia
- Adjunct Professor at Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University
Dr. R Narasimhan’s Qualifications
- FCCP, American College Of Chest Physicians
- MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases/Medicine
Memberships of Dr. Narasimhan R
- Indian Chest Society
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- National College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Narasimhan R
- Presented the Best Teacher Award from API Chennai Chapter
- Presented Vocational Excellence Award from the Rotary Club of Madras North West
- Performed the highest number (more than 20000) of diagnostic bronchoscopies in South India
- Performed the highest number of Pleuroscopies in India
- Pioneer Polysomnography in Chennai, India
- Started the Endobronchial Ultrasound unit in India and has done the highest number of Endobronchial Ultrasound in one year with 94% diagnostic return
- HOD (EBUS and Bronchial Thermoplasty) at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Chairman, Respiratory Research Foundation of India
- Former President of the Indian Association for Bronchology (2012-2013)
- Ex-chair (South Zone) and Governing Council Member of the Indian Chest Society
- Former Governor of the American College of Chest Physicians (South India Chapter)
Publications of Dr. Narasimhan R
- Acute severe asthma-API Medicine Update 2005-501-505 Corticosteroids in Asthma-A brief overview-Respiratory Science Issue 3 2004 Pregnancy and TB, Glenmark science Issue
- A case report of endobronchial sarcoidosis-Narasimhan, Jayaraman, and Gayathri -Current Medical Trends 8(3) 1600-1603
- A typical presentation of a malignant pulmonary nodule- Gayathri, Narasimhan, and Partha Karmakar-Apollo proceedings 2003 July (2), 28-29