Profile Snapshot of Dr. Murugan N
- Dr. Murugan N is one of the best Hepatologists in Chennai and has a total of 30 years of experience in the field.
- Owing training in hepatology at various Hospitals abroad, he treated patients with chronic liver cirrhosis and chronic hepatitis. He has spent years performing endoscopic procedures for the same.
- He is working as a consultant in the Department of Hepatology at Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- Dr. Murugan manages several types of liver disorders, including viral hepatitis, pre and post-operative care of liver transplantation, etc.
- He is a member of the Liver Transplant Program team that performs around 60 transplants every year. To date, he has performed 15 successful liver transplants.
Dr. N Murugan’s Expertise
- Colonoscopy and polypectomy
- Emergency colonoscopic intervention for lower GI bleeding
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis A treatment
- Insertion of Colonic stents
- Jaundice Treatment
- Liver Failure
- Liver ICU management and Transplantation
- Viral Hepatitis
Work Experience of Dr. Murugan N
- Total 30 years of experience
- Practicing as a Consultant – Liver transplant surgeon at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Adjunct Professor at Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University; Chelsea & Westminister Hospital, London
Dr. N Murugan’s Qualifications
Memberships of Dr. Murugan N
- ISG – Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- IMA – Indian Medical Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Murugan N
- Best Doctor Award by MGR Medical University
Publications of Dr. Murugan N
- The effect of khat chewing on gallbladder motility in a group of volunteers. N Murugan, G Burkhill, SG Williams, SP Padley, IM Murray-Lyon. J Ethnopharmacol 2003 June. 86(2-3): 225-7
- Intra-operative ultrasound and Doppler: applications in hepato-biliary surgery. S Selvakumar, G Narasimhan, A Prakash, S Radhakrishnan, N Renuka, N Murugan, S Shanmuga Bhaskar. Presented at the 7th Annual Asian Society of Hepato-Biliary and Pancreatic Surgery 2003 Conference, Sept 2003, Chennai, India