Profile Snapshot of Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan
- Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan is a consultant in spine surgery from Chennai.
- One can seek his consultation at Apollo Cancer Center at Apollo Hospital, Chennai, and on online platforms.
- Being a fellowship-trained spine surgeon, he involves several aspects of spine care in his practice.
- He provides comprehensive cervical (neck), thoracic (upper back), and lumbosacral (lower back) conditions treatment.
- Dr. Venkatesan pursued MBBS, MRCS, and a fellowship FRCS and shifted his specialization to spinal surgery.
- He likes getting involved in groups of similar professionals and has membership in several organizations.
- Dr. Venkatesan has his papers published in several journals.
Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan’s Expertise
- Advanced spinal reconstruction
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Spine surgery
- Slip Disc
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine Surgery
- Treatment of Back Pain
- Treatment of Neck Pain
Work Experience of Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan
- Around 15 years of experience as a spine surgeon.
- Senior Consultant Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon at Apollo Hospitals since 2017
- Specialist Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon at National Health Service, United Kingdom (2015 – 2017)
Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Chengalpattu Medical College in 2000
- MRCS (UK) from The Royal College of Surgeons (RCS), UK in 2009
- FRCS in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery – Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 2016
Memberships of Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan
- ASSI – Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- British Association of Spine Surgeons UK (BASS)
- NASS – North American Spine Society
- European Spine Society
- AO Spine
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan
- Site Co-ordinator of AO-Spine Sponsored POEM Study in 2017
- Rewarded with Arthritis Research UK Investigator Award in 2012
- Awarded Mark Honey Research Prize in 2012
- Executive Member of Scoliosis Research Society Global Outreach Committee in 2021
Publications of Dr. Muralidharan Venkatesan
‘Comparative analysis of unilateral versus bilateral instrumentation in TLIF for lumbar degenerative disc disorder: Single-Center Large Series’. Venkatesan M, Badikillaya V, Hegde SK, Akbari K. International Journal of Spine Surgery (2021)
‘Clinco-radiological outcome of three or more level anterior cervical corpectomy’. Venkatesan M, Hegde SK, Subramaniam MH. International Journal of Spine Surgery (2021)